New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was late getting in my stand and around 11:30 I decided to get my spare hat cause I was getting cold. I pulled it out and it fell out of my bag onto the ground about 15 feet down. I waited about a half an hour and couldn't wait anymore so I lower my gun and make my way down the tree when I was about five feet from the ground 2 deer a button buck and a spike come charging toward my stand and stop withing ten feet from my stand. They look around cause they smell me and trot away after a delay. I went the rest of the day with nothing. I 'll try again tommorow? Aint that a kicker, thats a first for me.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Next time take your weapon with you. Many times I was either climing up or down and there he was. Had a 10 walk up to me one year in Pa. after laying sent trail as I was ascending to my pearch.Don't make eye contact and climb back up and pay no attention to them and you might have gotten a shot.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Next time take your weapon with you.
I'm not sure what you meant by this, but what he did was completely by the book. You never climb down from your tree with your gun in hand. It sounded like he was just about down and was busted before his feet his the ground.

Nick,
Better luck next time. At least you know the deer are there.

David

G

·
After Monday's hunt, I got back to my truck, and I was unzipping the legs of my coveralls, and the zipper was stuck and broke. I dropped it off at the tailor to be fixed, good thing I have another warm camo outfit

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Must be that type of year for everyone. Yesterday our group was driving. First I couldn't get a deer to come near me on any of the drives. Then, on one drive I had about 25 deer come off the hill doing Mach IV at about 65 yds out. Well that "ain't" no good with bs at the speed they were going. In the middle of all these deer running by with none stopping, I hear something behind me. Sure enough 2 deer slam to a stop at about 15 yds. I pull up quick to see a spike and a 3 pt. Neither legal in my zone. Oh well, at least 3 guys got deer on the drive. We ended up with about 9 for the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts