New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll (muzzleloader) be heading out (Zone 5) around 1 PM with Matty (bow) and Neek (muzzleloader).

I need to convice the crew to stop at Simon Peter on the way home... to purchase my 2006 All-Around.

Hopefully they are open today.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
should be open. i thought poor old matty was sick.

who is Neek? never saw him on here before.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I am sick. Im also sick in the head for going out there feeling the way I do.[down] I definitely feel a lot worse now than I did before I went.

Fortunately for my sanity, I saw three does. I still-hunted the entire time, and right at the end I got within 30 yards of the three does, I spotted them at about 70 yards, and closed the distance a little bit, and let them come the rest of the way. I thought the lead does head was going behind a thick tree at about 25 yards, so I started to draw, but she caught the movement, and stared me down for a few minutes. Finally she decided she didnt like something about the situation and they went back up the hill.

Thats all that anyone saw. Better than nothing, got the old ticker pumping....I'm suprised I even recognized the deer, I dont think Ive seen one since six-day.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Got a nice doe tonight on the farm BROWNING 10GA and I hunt in zone 27...first deer I've killed down there this year. She came out by herself, no other deer in sight. My brother was with me and video taped the entire thing, it came out pretty good. We were in a ground blind, and it was a 90 yard shot. She went about 30 yards and piled up just inside the woods in a briar tangle.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I took the matriarch doe from the property next to my house, story to come.

-dan

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I dont think Ive seen one since six-day.
You and me both! Where are they all?[confused]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.