New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellaz...I hunted over at Round Valley today for the 1st day of the 3 day permit hunt...I got into the woods around 6:30 and got out around 4:15...IT WAS COOOOLD...I walked into the camping area about 1.5 miles all the way down to the vicinity of campsite 80...around 9:30 I had 10 deer come walkin up to me slowly...8 does and 2 bucks (1 6 and 1 5)...the deer were comin right into my designated shooting lane when they decided to turn and head up the mountain...I took 2 35/40 yd shots at the 6 pointer b4 he turned up the mountain but there was a few too many saplings in the way and I believe my shot was deflected:([mad]...later in the day around 3:45 I had 2 does come flying by behind me up the mountain...5 minutes later another mosied by well out of range...all in all it was a fun day...i'll be back out there Friday if the weather cooperates:)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes...I made sure that there was no hit...I checked the area of where the shot was taken as well as about 100 feet in the direction the deer ran...no blood...no hair...and 2 of the saplings had pellet scars...the deer just trotted up the mountain...I got the permit from the Round Valley office located within the park...it was free...I saw some other hunters on my way in...they saw nothing...however, once I got to my spot I didn't see another hunter all day...I heard about 15/20 shots during the day in the surrounding area...on the way home I saw about 30/40 deer in the surrounding fields along the way from the hunter's parking lot at Round Valley to Rt. 22 including one field with almost 20...I thought they were farm animals like cows or horses when i looked up in the field because there was so many...but they were deer

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You just get your zone 12 permit...then go to Round Valley and fill out a form...and they give you your permit right there at the office...the permit is just a regular white sheet of paper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.