New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I climbed down and realized I had forgotten my testicles in the stand. I had to climb back up and get them.

There was a little nip in the air this morning!;):D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Its not the absolute coldest Ive been, but it was cold. Its one of those days when you have to ask yourself if you are still sane.

I mean here I am with a recurve frozen to my hand, and my arse frozen to a stand waiting for deer. DEER! I mean come on....have I lost my mind? When I got there it was 7 degrees.:eek:
16 degrees when I left! The wind was what made it miserable.[down]

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I hunted last night, it felt light summer compare with I went through on the opener up there in Wantage. I saw plenty of deers they were all over the place. But no shooters. I get back to my car and I'm sitting there yelling at the heater to start doing its job, I look across the street and there are two deers standing there right between the two houses, I'm talking here like 5:15pm. Well it was looking at a parade of deer's and taking up the rear is a beautifull buck he was big. They came across to my field which has unharvested soy beans, and not one of them got hit, (lucky bastards) I get out of the truck to see if I could push them all the way to the back of the property. Yes you guest it they ran back across to the shelter of the backyards. I'm leaving right now and goind to that guys house and ask him if I can push the dee's across the street.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I climbed down and realized I had forgotten my testicles in the stand. I had to climb back up and get them.
You've got them. And to think, most of us here thought you missing them! :D

As far as cold, I think the coldest I've ever gone out was -10°F and warmed to like 5°F. I remember sitting in my truck with the heat on thinking "Do I really want to do this?". Of course, the psychotic side of me said "YES!".

David

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
The coldest I have ever been was in 1996 hunting Middle Mountain in West Virginia. I actually hunted from dark to dark and it never got above 7 degrees. For the first 5 days I was there it never got above 17 degrees! When it hit 35 on thursday it felt like SUMMER! Keep in mind we camped in tents!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I hunted in Canada in -20! was able to stay on stand till 10:45, then had to walk up and down a logging trail for 45 minutes to warm up. Guides truck broke down, so the guide had to ride a 4 wheeler into me with a hot thermos of coffee and left me for the rest of the day to get his truck running - I did see bucks all day long - but questioned my sanity

1 - 15 of 15 Posts