New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I hate to tell you this guys, but the only thing they are required to do is post the information via newspaper / radio, ever read the legals section of your newspaper?

Plus read your bear permit, it has the hotline to call for minute by minute update of bear hunt status.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse , plus the violation isn;t a stupid small violation, I believe it is a poaching violation, very serious, I think considered criminal.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Did you check for any frivilous lawsuits by anti hunting groups before going out for any other season? It is a hunters responsibility to obey the regulations, not constantly listening to the radio to see if the hunt is cancelled.
I understand your aggrevation, but just because the dmv didn't send me a notice telling me I can't talk on my cel phone while driving is it ok to break the law? If a hunter is responsible for obeying the regulation and a judge changes it we must obey the regulation.

Even if the hunt does go on, they can close it early if the harvest quota is met. Read the permit its listed on the paperwork.

We are responsible the same way commercial fishermen are responsible for knowing when the harvest quota has been met and the season closed.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Don't get me wrong bloodtrails, I want the hunt as much as everyone else, I just don't think breaking the law because I wasn't notified on a business day is the way I want to portray my responsibility as a sportsmen.

Our number one problem with the lawsuit is that we don't have a unified group of hunters with their own high powered attorneys in our pockets to fight back.

Golden rule in life no matter what you think is that money makes the world go round. And the man with the gold makes the rules. Moral, non-moral, ethical, non ethical, right or wrong thats life.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I understand your aggrevation, but just because the dmv didn't send me a notice telling me I can't talk on my cel phone while driving is it ok to break the law? If a hunter is responsible for obeying the regulation and a judge changes it we must obey the regulation.
Yes, but adequate notice was given.

Even if the hunt does go on, they can close it early if the harvest quota is met. Read the permit its listed on the paperwork.
Yes, but only after 24 hour notice. The first day must go on.

We are responsible the same way commercial fishermen are responsible for knowing when the harvest quota has been met and the season closed.
Yes, but there is an established system to notify fishermen and it IS their responsibility to check that system.

Let me give you an example. In 2003 the hunt was illegally called off for youth hunters. They were not notified properly or in a timely fashion. Zero were prosecuted because they didn't break any "legal" law.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts