New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hitting the woods hard all year, like every year, but this morning I'm leaving the bow at home and tagging alone with my buddy who I just got into hunting this year. He's still waiting on his first deer and hopefully I can set him up in a hot spot and call one in for him. My other buddy, who I got into hunting last year, hunts as hard as I do and is still looking for numero uno. So my goal is to get the rookie a deer before my other buddy, just to get him mad lol ;) Man, I think watching someone that I introduced to hunting and shooting harvest his first buck will be just as big of a thrill as it was for me many years ago. If I don't take another all year I will be happy as long as one of my pals gets their first. That's what it's all about. Enjoy the sunrise in the morning fellas!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man...all nighter tonight and I'm wide awake! Ready to rock. 35 degrees, winds out of the west at 5-10, today just has a good feel. Hope anyone else goin' out gets a good show this morning. Good luck to y'all.

P.S.
<------why'd i have to get stuck being a squirrel? LOL

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Good luck to you and your buddies Countryboy![up][up]

(By the way, if you click on "my preferences" (at the top of this page) you can change that squirell to a buck, a bear, a turkey etc,.) :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
i know the feeling countryboy. i introduced my friend to hunting and when he shot his first deer(doe) i felt like I shot a slammer! i still feel that way everytime someone im hunting with gets a deer. cant wait till my grandson is old enough to hunt.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
dreaming of Matty now huh. and i remember awhile back you had a post about couples on here...me and Jim, imb and hkdonfshn, dbuck and bhc. well now dragthor and Matty!!!!

:D

B

·
0 Posts
Woj, he's dreaming of another man...Didn't he have a post yesterday that said something on the order of: "YOU WANT TO HEAR OR SEE SOMETHING GAY? EMAIL ME" It was under the post titled IMB21 new bow

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I was out this morn and saw 2 six points and a 4 point chasing a fawn doe. she would run ahead, stop, spread her back legs apart raise her tail and look back at the bucks like she was taunting them. Then the one six point bristled up and did that sideways walk toward the 4 point and he just about crapped his pants. Then it was back to chasing the doe again. It was real cool to watch[up]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts