New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jrhunt and I hunted Pequest this morning... The deer stayed one step ahead all day! I had the gun up 3 different times but no shots fired!
Niether one of us had ever hunted there before so today was more of a learning the land kind of day! We did a bunch of soft pushes to each other through some really nasty stuff!!!! jrhunt will need to retire his hunting pants after today! The briars took a nice sized chunk out of them!
I jumped a good looking buck in one of the thickets. I wouldn't have been able to shoot him even if it was legal. It all happened too quick and he was in the thickest patch around!!
We bumped deer all day but just couldn't get them to go in the right direction! Next time we need a few more guys up there!!!! 5 or 6 would be perfect!!
John is a great guy to hunt with! There isn't a briar patch out there he wont go in! We put on some hard miles today and lost quite a bit of blood along the way and John would have kept going all day! Thanks for a great day John! I thoroughly enjoy your company!!![up] Next time we are getting some deer out of there![up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
And a special thanks to Woj for giving us some inside info on the place! Thanks bud!!!
anytime Jim. i'm glad i was able to show you one of my spots. we'll get some deer out of there this year.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Thanks Jim , I had a great time.I threw my pants in the garbage ,they where torn to shreads.Im still pulling thorns out of my body.I knew it was going to be a nice day cause I was 5 steps into our first drive and deer where running.Unfortunatly not the way we wanted them to. It was so thick in there a deer would jump up 15 yards in front of you and dissapear in 2 seconds. We absolutly need more guys next time.
I bow hunted zone 2 in the afternoon and had a small 4 point walk by at 4:05 10 yards away. At 4:25 3 does went by at 60 yards.
Overall a great day.
Thanks for putting us in a good location WOJ.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hunted today,cold morning, let 5 does and one spike walk by.
I had to hunt from the ground as I had another stand stolen.[mad]
Gonna have to hunt from the climber exclusively.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I have three does in the freezer already, I am now waiting for a shooter buck. Besides I have allowed at least ten small bucks walk by this yr, and I enjoy being in the woods, beats working:D.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts