New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I mat go this afternoon, But only for a short post. 2:30 till dark? Going to watch the weather and then make my decision.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Just got back from Florida Sunday. Two weeks ago I got walloped with a kidney stone - still haven't passed it (pissed it). Missed a week of work due to the incredible pain, 104 fever, 4 days of continuous headaches. Nice urinary tract infection to boot.

Scary part - I hunted Turkey Swamp WMA the day before the stone hit. If that hit in the woods in my treestand I would have been in trouble.

Florida was great - the antibiotics kicked in before I left. I was able to relax although ran to the bathroom every 20 minutes to leak.

Squeezed in a fishing trip. Caught and released an 8ft sailfish, 100 lb Goliath grouper, and several other fish.

Can't wait to hunt again.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I'll email them to Drag - the files are big, need to compress them.

Yhe sailfish picture is a good jump shot. They don't boat them anymore.

·
Registered
751 Posts
i had the day lined up but bailed due to the weather report. If I knew it would be like this I would have been out. They predicted way worse than this.

My spot is too far to drive to head out now.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bgood - Right now I have my muzzleloader still loaded, but no cap or nipple. Feels weird. I did not bring the gun into the house because I do not want it to "sweat" and cause moisture.

I plan on hunting Friday morning with it. If I do not shoot a deer... I will take it apart and "unload" it.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I went for Duck this morning......saw about 20 ducks, had one come in to the decoys and took him. It was raining pretty good in the later morning but we were ok in the blind.

·
Registered
791 Posts
went into the woods around 10am and stayed for 2 hours. The rain made my entry in really quiet but eventually the water permeated any loose areas like hands and neck. And I called it quits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts