New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be doe hunting tomorrow morning in zone 12 with the muzzleloader. I never bagged one with the muzzleloader... we'll see.

Good luck tomorrow guys. Tomorrow morning should be nice and cold and "crunchy".

Crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch.... crunch crunch... ka boom!

(cloud of smoke)

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I'll be back out friday with the bow(possibly thanksgiving morning but I doubt it). GL to you smokepolers.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Dragthor, did you call me from your stand before? Gurgled message, sounded like you might be loading your muzzleloader or taking a dump.....Im not sure which. All I know is, you're such a nerd.:p

Hope you get your first permit muzzleloader doe.[up] Then when we go to PA, you can get your first PA muzzleloader deer. Then if you hunt with the muzzleloader when you get back, you can get your first NJ late season muzzleloader deer, and then when winter bow rolls around you can......

You get the picture.:D:D:D:D

Little late, but GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!:)

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
I'll be out at least Wed and friday this week for doe days zone 13. good luck guys...

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Good luck JR![up]

Beautiful day to be out there.[up]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Tomorrow morning should be nice and cold and "crunchy".

Crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch.... crunch crunch... ka boom!

(cloud of smoke)

Then Drag staring at deer through cloud of smoke wondering why he missed.:D

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I went out today and stacked firewood. I planned on hunting but I was up late so I was to beat tired to go. At 9 am I had 2 does go blasting thru my back yard followed by a really beautiful 8 pt. I guess it was their way of sticking my nose in it for not getting out this morning[smirk] Also I found a huge rub on a Cedar tree and a small scrape that was made a week ago right in my back yard[cool]

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I'll be going out Thursday morning with the bow and then Saturday all day, most likely bow. Hopefully I'll get a big ole buck.

David

·
11,226 Posts
I just got back from zone 8... I got two does and my dad got 1![up]
I saw 12 deer today including a basket rack buck! He was hauling [no swearing please] and I couldn't count points! I had 3 doe bed down 30 yards from me for more then an hour! They were in a bunch of dead falls and I couldn't get a shot at them... After a while they got spooked by something, snorted and walked off in the other direction never giving me a shot!
Mike,my dad and I then did a bunch of soft pushes but the deer kept getting around us. On the last push we did My dad and Mike walked the far side of the mountain we hunt. It's mostly open woods with a lot of steep hills and then a bunch of level spots all up and down the mountain. Coming up to one of the level spots my dad jumped 3 does and shot one on the run. I heard his shot and got ready! About 5 minutes later the other 2 does ran right to me. They stopped about 30 yards from me and I shot the first one. The second one not knowing where the shot came from ran right at me. When she saw me and stopped she was about 6 yards away. 12 pellet 00 puts a very large hole in things at 6 yards!!!![up] I gave my second doe to my buddy mike.[up] All in all it was a great day in the woods![up]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congrats JerseyJim and JerseyJim's dad :)

Anyluck with the muzzleloader Drag? It's an awesome experience... not that I've gotten one myself, but I was in the stand with my boy when he got his first one with the muzzleloader ;)

Speaking of Buckman... I'm so nervous FOR him... been wondering these last two days whether he's got anything yet. Since he's in Seskatchewan, the cell doesn't work and I have to wait the WHOLE LONG week to hear if he got anything good. The suspense is killing me!!!!

How'd everyone else do?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Jim, congrats to you and your father.[up][up]
Sounds like the state land I hunt....wonder if we share the same woods at different times of the year?[cool]

NJFarmGirl, Buckman37 has cell service, he called me before. He told you he wouldnt have service? Thats strange. [confused] He said that he passed up a few 150 cl [no swearing please] bucks, and he was headed out to the strip club to get drunk and stare at....nevermind. Anyway, after that he was gonna head down to town and pick up some ugly chicks to bring back to the lodge...He also said not to tell you any of that, and to tell you that he is safe and having the time of his life "hunting".

Woops....:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts