New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, we need help building 2 gates up at Blair Creek. Feel like helping us out? I'll be up there.

We need post-hole diggers, straight iron bar, generator, power or hand saws and drills. And yes... man power.

Please shoot me an email... would like to start early in the AM so that we can finish sooner.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
How about we go down to Dover and pick up some day laborers instead?:p:D

I guess I'll be there...

·
11,226 Posts
Jim, are you serious?
Yes... I'm a contractor, of course I have a generator and tools...:) I might be able to help out also... I am meeting my dad at Pub199 at around 1 or 2pm.... I might have some time in the am to help out! Either way you can borrow the generator and tools...[up]

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jim - I left you a voicemail about that generator. Think it will fit in the back seat of my car?

Also, I need a power drill with some bits 1/2 inch and bigger.

The guy is faxing me the schematics tonight. I never built a gate before... we'll see. I think the gate is gonna be wooden.

Oh... and I need to dig 4... two foot deep holes for the posts... rocks everywhere!

·
Registered
201 Posts
wow this bites, really wanted to come out and help so I could meet some of you guys, but looked on mapquest and it is a 3 hour drive! Sorry I could not help out, maybe I can meet some of the people here another time.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
What time and where exactly???I think I can help, but need to leave by 11AM. E mail me if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lets meet at 7:30 AM at the Fair View Lake Lane parking lot. If we
are not there (or your are late)...continue down Fair View Lake Lane
to the bottom of the lake...you will see us. Approximate address for
Mapquest is:

975 Old School House Road
Newton, NJ

I am still trying to get my hands on a generator. Then, and electric
drill with the following bits:

5/16... 3,5, and 6 inches long. And 1/4... 6 inches long.

Q: How will the posts stay sturdy? Concrete? Packed dirt?

I can bring the following:
- circular saw
- miter saw
- shovel...but we need those steal rods to wiggle rocks out
- hammer
- sledge hammer
- little battery powered drill..who knows

·
11,226 Posts
I have a generator and a drill!!! You don't need a 3,5 and 6 inch bit... You only need a 6 inch bit and you can mark off the 3 and 5 inch points.... You said you have a cordless drill? that will work! I have a cordless and a plug in... I will see if I can meet you up there you pain in my ass!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a generator for tomorrow and an electric drill. We should be good.

Jim, I'll try to hit Pub199 on the way back from returning the generator at Home Depot.

jrhunt - whats your plan for tomorrow?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts