New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... here goes the first interview created by and for NewJerseyHunter.com members.

Everyone please post intelligent and polite question(s) you have for DEP Commissioner Bradley Campbell.

I will then take the 10 best/interesting/honest questions and ask/have Campbell to respond. Then, I will post his response.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We hunters keep hearing and reading the passage of A3728 is not in the best interest for hunting/fishing in New Jersey. Briefly... can you tell us your thoughts regarding any positive hunting/fishing effects of A3728?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
1.) What are your plans to avoid the evergrowing bear/human conflicts if bill A2634 and/or A2704 is/are passed?
A2634 bans any bear hunting for five years, until a study can be conducted.
A2704 prohibits black bear hunting and establishes a bear study commission.

2.) If bill A2642 and/or A2852 is passed into effect, how will we manage our wildlife populations?
Bill A2642 removes justification for hunting from the F&W code.
Bill A2852 " " and puts anti-hunters on the game council

3.) While its necessary to have a system of checks and balances, do you think that bill A3728 is in the best interest of scientific game management?
It is my belief that this bill would allow political pressures to interfere with scientific game management. Your thoughts?
A3728 provides the DEP commissioner with veto power over all hunts.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Thats all I could think of for now....but Im sure there are more.

Keep thinking guys!!! [up]:)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
4.) I would like to see an effort made to restore habitat in our wildplaces. I think we should make an effort to further reduce deer herds in certain regions of the state, and add some incentive to forest overly-mature timber, allowing regrowth of understory. By keeping deer density low, and restoring habitat, we will see an increase in the quality of our deer herd, and other wild animals will benefit greatly. Causing animals effected by the overpopulation of deer to rebound, and flourish. What are your thoughts on such a program? Is there any way we can go about a program such as QDM to help restore habitat and wildlife variety? Would you support it if we could?

Furthermore, would it be feasable to open more public parks, and lands to hunting? Thereby, causing the restoration of habitat and wildlife diversity to be more wide-spread! As a result of the aforementioned plan(s) of course.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
OK how about introducing a bill that would allow bow hunters who p [no swearing please] a so called qualification shoot at reasonable range 20-30 yds be allowed to purchase a permit in those towns now that rely on paid hunters, thus generating income instead of incurring more burden on the tax payers.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Jersey hunter thats a great question!

It would be nice, and the UBNJ already does something similar. Maybe we could get a program for

"Urban Archers"

[up]

·
11,226 Posts
Mr. Campbell

If your bear studies find that birth control or relocation are real solutions to New Jersey's growing bear problem who would pay for these projects?
Do you think it would be fare to take the money from funds raised by hunters when your plan would be taking away a great natural resource hunters would be able to harvest if you weren't going against mother natures plan and stopping nature from taking it's natural course by not letting them have there babies?
Do you think a good place to get the funding for these studies and projects would be groups like The Bear Group or P.E.T.A?
Do you think it's time to start taxing all the money these groups make and putting that towards wildlife projects since that is what they say thier main concern is anyway?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Hey Drag, I thought this was such a good topic I posted a link to it and the njhunter homepage on ArcheryTalk. That place gets TONS of traffic. Unfortunately no one has mentioned it or made a hit on that thread, but...Im sure they will!

This was a GREAT idea....and I think you should make it a two parter, and have more than ten questions.

Some of these questions are great. He may studder or stammer when trying to answer them!:D

The only thing we have to keep in mind is that hes a politician. They put much effort into learning to skirt issues, and dance around dangerous topics.

Once again though. GREAT TOPIC! I hope some of the questions stump him and leave him speachless![up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
yeah good point....ten is plenty....theres just so many questions Id like to ask him in a public forum.......[mad]

Up UP and AWAY!!!!!

TTT

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mr. Campbell, do you have an approximate time frame for when you will be taking your head out of your ass?

Thank you,

A concerned New Jersey citizen

·
Registered
177 Posts
1) Do you believe in scientific management of our renewable natural resources?
2) Explain in your words why you didn't accept the Division of Fish and Wildlifes bear management plan.
3) Are you familiar with the "Best Management Practices" pertaining to furbearers? What are your thoughts on introducing them into NJ's management laws.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts