New Jersey Hunters banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It patterns very nice and i did not know that it was not legal in new jersey thanks for saving me a ticket

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
gatorguy they are no longer marked at all. it was a paper insert ( they fell out)
I am waiting for my nitro ammo to come for next season.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
estimator I cannot directly answer your question but may be able to help some. Both custom buckshot manufacturers i spoke to said extremely tight chokes. ( extra full turkey type chokes)
Nitro ammo said .695 for my 10 gauge and so did War Wolf

·
Registered
355 Posts
estimator I cannot directly answer your question but may be able to help some. Both custom buckshot manufacturers i spoke to said extremely tight chokes. ( extra full turkey type chokes)
Nitro ammo said .695 for my 10 gauge and so did War Wolf
That's good to know.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
.695 choke tube showed up yesterday. ammo should be here thursday and back to the range and the patterning board ( big sheets of cardboard )

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
My ammo showed as promised ( actually a couple weeks early. )
Definitely can tell its hand loaded by the seals on the cases ( hulls)
Hopefully will get to pattern it this weekend. I could actually get a chance to use it in permit shotgun if it patterns nicely .
I intended to get it ready for next year

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I am very impressed. I switched choke tubes ( from .700 to .695 as suggested) plus changed buckshot loads. I did not count but i am guessing about double the amount of pellets in the kill zone at 50 yards.
One shot is all i tool. point of aim / impact did not change. I will shoot a few more rounds and do a pellet count but i was in a hurry it was getting dark. I am happy i bought it for sure

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
estimator i don't post pictures on here but if you PM me cell number I will send you.
I am super impressed with Nitro Ammo! no comparison.
13 000 pellets in minute of deer. 8 pellets easily in chest kill zone. 50 meters was the distance and absolutely would flatten a deer.
Nitro ammo really produces! they told me what choke to get and custom made the ammo. I now have 22 shells left :)
picture is too large i tried

41 - 54 of 54 Posts