New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have plenty for this year but would be interested in buying some stock.
I tried Nitro ammo they have awesome custom buckshot listed.
I e mailed 3 times and called dozens of times and never got a response.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Tooo much gun for me :)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I have plenty for this year but would be interested in buying some stock.
I tried Nitro ammo they have awesome custom buckshot listed.
I e mailed 3 times and called dozens of times and never got a response.
They out of business. Shame. Small business like his went under. Made awesome loads, knew his stuff. Amazing turkey loads to. Need another guy like that!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
They out of business. Shame. Small business like his went under. Made awesome loads, knew his stuff. Amazing turkey loads to. Need another guy like that!
man that is sad to hear! Wanted to get some loads made up by him.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess that is why they never got back to me lol
The funny part was one time i left a message others the voicemail was full.
Bushden you would be surprised I don't think it kicks much more than a 12

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I guess that is why they never got back to me lol
The funny part was one time i left a message others the voicemail was full.
Bushden you would be surprised I don't think it kicks much more than a 12
Kicks less than a 12 gauge. The weight of the gun absorbs the recoil.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ithaca10 I would agree I just was not sure . I have only shot maybe 15 rounds out of SP10 .
Hell of a buckshot pattern at 50 yards with factory loads. I don't see a gap big enough for a goose no less a buck.
Nitro had some stuff they guaranteed out to 75 yards if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hope your not shooting geese with it! [confusedagain]
How may rounds do you need for a season? PM me this answer. Bought a case off a guy on here last year!
What choke are you using?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Love the 10 gauge! I got the mag 10 it reaches out and touches. Heavy gun but really doesn’t kick. Allentown gun show is this Saturday Sunday you should find some there. Happy hunting

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have two buckshot chokes i have to look at the names. I had an SP10 new many years ago i sold it because it was heavy to carry and i was young and walked a lot. Now i don't walk as much anymore so sitting in a tree i don't care what it weighs so i bought one off here about a year ago. I got ammo and half a dozen choke tubes . ( two specific to buckshot if i remember correctly) I just put fiber optic sights in the rib. I wanted to get some decent ammo and center my pattern

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
allman i actually have about 4 boxes of the Federal ( thought it was winchester but its the federal)
I was looking for some custom ammo . i figured even if twice the price how much would i shoot it?
I am now looking for a reloading press

·
Registered
620 Posts
I just patterned my 10 with my new kicks choke and federal 00, from 35 yards it held an awesome pattern, I was very impressed. Sad to hear about nitro, was going to try there loads

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
I can't understand how a 10 ga 3.5" holds the same amount of pellets as a 12 ga 3.5"? They both hold 18 pellets of 00 buck. The velocity is also the same?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
If you find a custom let me know. Nitro was supposed to contact me when they were going to do Buckshot loads again last year. I guess thats why i haven't heard back from them. I am looking for a press myself. If you find 2 let me know lol

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If you’re not in dire need of them, I have a press setup for 10ga. I personally reload mine for 0000 buckshot just for the fact that you get so many pellets and it patterns so well out to 50yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts