New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 10g in a package deal and id like to shoot it so i can decide on keeping it or selling it. I dont want to buy a box of ammo for that reason. Im looking for someone that has some old shit laying around that they ARE NOT GOING TO USE.

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you are concerned with the pattern you will have to try alot of combinations,I hand load my own.

If you wonder about recoil,the autos are not too bad but any other type will punish you.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sure this gun is like a mule. Im not going to pattern,Im well aware that i would need lots of combi ammo. i just want to shoot it first. Im not worried about the kick i could care less but i want to shoot anyhow

·
Registered
470 Posts
When I'm hunting thick stuff I use a 10 gauge double. I've taken down deer up to 100 yds and the kick isn't bad at all ...need to watch your feet placement on a treestand with a small platform.

·
Registered
13,559 Posts
100 yards....... in thick stuff no less [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl].......................

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
You will shoot yer eye out kid.

That thing is gonna knock the dog snot outa you repo [hihi]

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I have a Remington SP10 LE 30" Barrel It doesnt kick bad at all the gun is just Heavy.. My father used to buy reloads for it. A mixture of 00 and something else I remember we pattern'd it out to 70 yards and we would have pellets all over a 9" pie plate

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ok, Hunterdan ....let me rephrase. I have taken down deer up to 100 yds. however I prefer to use a 10 gauge in thick stuff rather than a 12 gauge slug gun where you don't have much of a shot at moving deer; does that sound better..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts