New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's going to be a cold one! Warming up the truck right now. Going out to zone 10 good luck everyone
...Good Luck Buddy....Stay warm and hunt hard!

Anthony :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a stare down with a small four pointer at 10 yards. Right at sun up. Could have smoked him easily. But it's not yet his time.

The farmer and staff are on the property harvesting the soybeans..... So I don't know how this morning is going to plan out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thinking about calling it quits for this morning. To much noise. Farmer is harvesting a field 100 yards away and then another 100 yards away a neighboring property just started so kind of massive generator. I just want a nice quite morning in the woods with no disturbances.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I may or may not have something to do today, if not I will be in the stand for an afternoon hunt. If I have to show up at the apt, then I will be in the stand all day tomorrow!

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hunted just outside bedding area this morning but they came back before 1st light, better luck next time I guess. Hoping to do an evening sit there soon.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
All I we are tree rats wtf

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Landowner just text me Saw a big 8 under my stand and I'm at work! Oh well.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I hope so Sam because its been pretty damn dead the last few weeks!
Man at least you're out there. I've been just trolling the forums and living vicariously through others due to this newborn (my future hunting buddy). I think my wife is close to giving me the go ahead. I'm hoping this weekend will be it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
While getting out of my stand a young buck started darting across the field towards me. He didn't see me. I kneeled down real quick and stayed still and he got 20 yards from me before he spooked.

Went to go put up a stand in a spot I've been eyeing up on the gun club property since I was 13. And I found someone's climber and camera in the tree next to where I was going to put my stand in....... Dammit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts