New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The morning started off crappy. I left home and got on Route 80. I got to parsippany and hit a traffic jam. There was a bad accident and I sat in the same spot for 1 hour. I didn't get set up in my stand till 7:05AM. But as luck would have it this Doe showed up at 7:10. 5 minutes in the tree and I was done. My kind of hunt
Hopefully my luck will present me a shooter buck this afternoon.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Nice John. I always like hunts like that. Good luck this afternoon.[up]

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Sometimes that's just the way it goes. Three of the five times I've been on stand this year, I've seen deer within 15 minutes of getting set up, and one of those times it was within 5 minutes. A little later and I'd have been staring at tails. Good job on the doe. Go get that buck.[up]

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
i wish it was that easy then again it wouldn't be hunting if it wasn't challenging congrats[up][up]

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
nice, I saw nothing all morning, was going to reposition my stand to another spot I hunt and someone has a lok-on 3 trees away and wasn't even in it.[sad] Sat stopprd dead for over an hour on 80 E on the way home due to a flipped tractor trailor. It was like woodstock . "rt 80 is closed man" Well tomorrows another day.[patcheye]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts