New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lastnight I went out around 230 and didn't see a thin then walking back to the truck there was at least 15 deer in the field. Today I'm attempting to sit in the stand all day. I hope this works out, this season has been terrible. Saw some small bucks and the same group of does. This ha defiantly been the worst season in a while. Good luck to whoever is out

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Goodluck. With this storm coming it should be a good day. I'm hopeing to get out for a pm hunt myself.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Just got on stand with the savage 210 Wanna make it go bang tonight on a doe or two. They will be movin with thestorm comin. Good luck to all....

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
todays the 11th just so u know when u fill out your tag lol

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Sat this morning, had to climb down at 9 for a doctors appointment, as I was getting ready to pack up a beautiful 5 or 6pt walked by. Very tempting but I had a big one on cam the past 3 mornings. I'm in a blind now in another spot where I had a nice buck and a spike coming out in the mornings, they were out the latest ever this morning so maybe they will show up tonight

·
Registered
287 Posts
Going to take the ML for a walk in just a bit. The sightings have been way down and I know the biggest reason why. I'll save that for another thread....
Don't know if you started that thread but curious to hear your theory. I'm guessing its this crazy warm weather we're having! Supposed to be another warm one tomorrow!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Don't know if you started that thread but curious to hear your theory.
Full moon lately. Deer feeding at night is my guess.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
The weather had them moving right at dark tonight. I went to another area I hunt and it paid off for seeing something. I split two corn fields and had deer in each. The wind was pushing hard from the east right down the row. Six appeared in the field to my left at about 150 yards. I put the glasses up trying to put antlers on them, but they were all baldies.

I turned and looked in the other field to see a string of deer come up out of the protected side of the hill to feed. They were close enough to put the gun up and scope them. Any one of them could have been a buck. None of the 8 deer were. I watched that way for a while and then turned to the other field to see the group headed right o the fence row not twenty yards from where I stood. They proceeded to go through the row into the field to join the others. It was dark when I thought it was safe to sneak away.

The difference between this spot and the others where the sightings went south is the pressure. Pressure from the relentless driving by a small group of guys. They think nothing of stepping out of bounds and shooting everything that moves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.