New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, JR and I were the only ones to show on Friday for a last minute open boat trip, and being the awesome captain he is...he took me solo anyway!

Conditions looked good as we headed out around 6:00AM. We set up on the first drift and thought for sure it was game on as the first drop JR landed a keeper. Few shorts later, and I landed a keeper...then it was as if there was a massive evac and the fluke just disappeared. We searched and searched and searched and struggled throughout the morning to find any semblance of a bite. Hours passed, gas burned, and several bucktail casualities later...we finally found a patch of keepers and boated another 7 along with a few sea bass.

Definitely one of the toughest days I think we've both seen in a long time. Saw a number of other boats and no nets even being picked up...just one of those days!

Regardless, great day on the water and I was happy to break in a new bucktailing rod! ;)

Here's our final catch on the day:

BTW, did anyone lose a 10oz sinker...with, I dunno about 150 yards of braid and another 100 yards of mono backing??!?!?! :eek:

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude I've been fighting it...I felt something coming on like that night. Swine Flu Schues and Swing Flu Joo.

Quote of the day was definitely when JR said, "What the hell is going on, do I have leprosy?"

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
Nice catch...[up]
The 10oz......
I have heard that ppl. empty their reals that way[wallmad][down]. I guess a drill & a pencil is to slow for them[wallmad]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.