E bike for hunting
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: E bike for hunting

Member #

E bike for hunting

Does anyone use an e bike for hunting? How about scouting?
    In the pinelands you can get more than a mile off paved roads with a fat tire bike.
    I was thinking baiting, checking cameras ect.
    I am getting old to carry stuff in a mile ( at night after work) and back out
    huntfree77 likes this.

Member #
    That sounds good. I live up in the hills of northern jersey. rocky and hilly no fun anymore at our age. lol shit if you hook up your deer cart to it. you might be able to haul the deer out with it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpthestring View Post
    That sounds good. I live up in the hills of northern jersey. rocky and hilly no fun anymore at our age. lol shit if you hook up your deer cart to it. you might be able to haul the deer out with it.
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    yes the carts are about $300 . I would run my gear out ( since it would be quick and easy )
    Then go back with the empty cart for my deer. I used a quietkat trike for a few years .
    The quietkat did not like soft sand because of front wheel drive but was an excellent tool.
    I sold it thinking i would get an atv again. I just think the e bike is welcome anywhere and atv's are not

Member #
    If it works for you , why not do it ! Who cares what these guys think .....only kidding. Years ago I rode mountain bikes in every park around and raced all over the Tri State area
    and I would see more deer riding than walking or scouting ! I think its a great idea , hell we cant use 4 wheelers in this state ,might as well use the bike.

Member #
    Boykin Runner, yes it appears as long as it does not exceed 20 mph ( they are governed) it is legal everywhere .
    I would be very happy cruising at 10 mph lol
    Boykin Runner likes this.

Member #
    Name:  1535562880269_1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  399.9 KB

Just started this year! Plus it's great for roaming around lakes. I've gone deep in some woods to hit a few ponds. I get it up to 25 mph on flat ground by tweaking the computer settings.

Member #
    The e bike looks awesome . its a win win , it serves as a tool and probably a lot of fun to ride.
    diverrk likes this.

Member #
    diverrk, how many watts? do you pedal or use the throttle mostly? I wanted something powerful enough so no pedaling in light sand flat ground.
    I would pedal when exploring or just bike riding but would not want to pedal with my climber on my back .
    Is that mid drive ?

Member #
    You can set the assist from 0-5. On the road I mostly keep it 0 and 1 to get some workout, but I vary it a lot, sometimes level 2 or 3. Or if I want to get somewhere fast I'll go level 5 and pedal, that gets me to roughly 25 mph. Depends on my pain level that day lol. I have hip and back issues, that's the main reason I bought it. Sometimes I use throttling and pedaling together. For instance, I'll be pedaling and I hit a steep incline, I'll use the throttle at the same time.

Mine is a Rad Rover, it's 750w rear drive. With the suspension seat, suspension seat post and front suspension its an unbelievably smooth ride
    Last edited by diverrk; 10-02-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors