Kayak

Thread: Kayak

Member #

Kayak

Hi I’m looking for some help or suggestions for my 12ft kayak. I purchased a wheel cart for it because it is so long and heavy to help move it. I’m having trouble using it correctly. It won’t stay in the middle of the bottom of the kayak. It makes it very stressful to move. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have a better idea. I’ll take any suggestions. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    I bought one for mine two weeks ago. I kept trying it on the tail end and having the same results your saying. Then I decided to put under the front about a third of the way back and it works perfect

Member #
    Put it just aft of the center so when you pick it up by the bow handle it is level.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    What make is your kayak? I have a wilderness Tarpon and a Old Town Predator. I made carts for both using the drain holes in the hull. You can make a pretty cheap setup using PVC pipe. You can get wheels and axel from lowes, home depot etc. Take a look at how Hobie makes theirs, you will get some ideas.

Sponsors