Bear Hunting in NJ
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beef

Thread: Bear Hunting in NJ

Member #

Bear Hunting in NJ

I could use some help here. I am writing an article about the NJ bear hunt and how it (and hunting in general) is beneficial to the state's wildlife and residents. There are far too many opinion pieces that have a basis in nothing other than the emotional outrage of non-hunters who think that animals are their disney character friends and frankly don't understand anything about conservation or management. As hunters, we cannot allow the future of our lifestyle to be left in the hands of people who don't understand the principles of what we do, and why we do it. That is why it is my intention to at least attempt to educate those people who can influence the decision making process and try to sway public opinion in the direction of pro-management.
    I am unfortunately having some problems finding scientific data and quality articles (even though I know they exist) to help support my thesis and I was hoping I might be able to get some suggestions on where I can find some scholarly articles beyond the nj fish and wildlife website.
    I know I'm preaching to the choir so if you know where I can start searching for good info please respond to this thread or send me a message. We need to get our public land bear hunting rights back if we are going to effectively manage the population. Let's make it happen!

Member #
    contact the division bear biologist!
    ithaca10 likes this.
    Hunting....Its All About The Gear!!!!!

Member #
    New guy question... we can only hunt bear on private land?

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Note to self:Read Digest
    “I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put together.” –John Burroughs

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Last of the Mohicans View Post
    I could use some help here. I am writing an article about the NJ bear hunt and how it (and hunting in general) is beneficial to the state's wildlife and residents. There are far too many opinion pieces that have a basis in nothing other than the emotional outrage of non-hunters who think that animals are their disney character friends and frankly don't understand anything about conservation or management. As hunters, we cannot allow the future of our lifestyle to be left in the hands of people who don't understand the principles of what we do, and why we do it. That is why it is my intention to at least attempt to educate those people who can influence the decision making process and try to sway public opinion in the direction of pro-management.
    I am unfortunately having some problems finding scientific data and quality articles (even though I know they exist) to help support my thesis and I was hoping I might be able to get some suggestions on where I can find some scholarly articles beyond the nj fish and wildlife website.
    I know I'm preaching to the choir so if you know where I can start searching for good info please respond to this thread or send me a message. We need to get our public land bear hunting rights back if we are going to effectively manage the population. Let's make it happen!
    I for one from my years of experience won't and can't change the thinking of an anti,just won't waste my time. It's a lose lose.But I've been asked why do you hunt.I answer with diplomacy in a mutual respect of each other's curiosity. Usually the person is on the fence.When the conversation is over,it never comes up again. we both shake hand's,believing I made a new non hunting friend!.Thus that's how became known (nicknamed)..Hunter Bob
    Good luck with your study's!
    Last edited by hunterbob1; 11-17-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    “I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put together.” –John Burroughs

Sponsors