NJIT Student Death
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: NJIT Student Death

Member #

NJIT Student Death

Slain NJIT student died in attempt to fight off burglars, sources say | NJ.com

It amazes me how has this kid put a 2 inch hole in the burglars chest that he would have been the one in trouble amid a string of burglaries that have been happenings on MLK Boulevard (which that part I am going to leave alone...)

Back in college my house in Wilkes-Barre kept getting broken into after we had parties and everyone had left. The guy started taking anything that was left there, including things like tables and chairs for some reason. After the 2nd time it happened my roommates and I decided that we were going to bring out our rifles and hide them in a safe upstairs in our crawl space just in case. Flash forward to the day before deer season. We had a back yard BBQ and horseshoe tournament but kept ourselves to just a few cold ones knowing we had to wake up at about 4 to drive out to where we were going to hunt that next morning. As we sat there on the couch watching Sunday night football with the house completely dark in every room except the living room which we had covered the windows with black blankets so people couldn't scope out the stuff we had in there, the door got kicked in. There stood a middle aged black man with blue jeans and a red hoodie, hood over his head. Upon looking into the room and seeing 3 guys all over 6'2" and 250lbs cleaning and prepping our rifles for the next morning, he took off faster than a bat outta hell. Naturally we called the police after that who preceded to tell us that our best plan of action was to remove the guys from our house when we were there to avoid having them stolen, but that it was unlikely that man would ever be back again after seeing what he did. The point of me telling my story is this; the officers who followed up on our call kept in mind the fact that we were the victims in this situation. We had been the middle class, white college students in the middle of a low income, crime stricken, region of a drug ridden city. I cannot assume that it would have gone over very well had one of us let off a few rounds, however I can very comfortably say that if shots were fired, we would have remained the victim regardless of the outcome. I just don't feel like that would have been the case had this NJIT student, who was away from home, in a bad neighborhood, and who was continuously victimized, had a gun and used it.

I know personally I would willingly deal with any criminal consequences that accompany a self defense case if someone ever decided to break into my house, I just find it sad that your personal well-being, or the well-being of your family should even be considered in a situation where there is any anticipated threat.

A case like this should be a poster child for politicians who are pushing for self defense laws. Hell even a home defense law could possibly have saved this kid.

Member #
    This was a senseless horrible crime! Joe was a great kid! I had the good fortune of being one of his HS wrestling coaches. He will be forever missed by his family and friends!
    howell boy and huntfree77 like this.

Member #
    Anytime your living near a road or street named MLK boulevard you're taking a chance with your life.

RIP young man.
    bushden, AYFS, Tarhunt and 5 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    You hit the nail on the head.

Member #
    Having attended NJIT and living on the row in the late 80's-early 90's, I can attest to the house break ins (usually during summer break though) and car thefts. My heart goes out to a fellow Greek and his family.

I for one think the firearm ID of the murderer should be suspended at once!

Member #
    Unfortunately, the media narrative currently dictates that unless you are a minority, you are not a victim. This young man had more to offer in life than 300 hood rats, yet he won't be mourned publicly and his executioners will be looked upon as sympathetic victims of their circumstances. I rage at the hypocrisy and pray I never have to endure what his family is currently going through. God bless this young mans soul.

Pineracer

Member #
    I really don't like the headline chosen, "Slain NJIT student died in attempt to fight off burglars" for this tragedy.

This headline seems to suggest blame on the part of the victim, and smacks me of the liberal ideology that if only the student had just laid down and done everything the nice robber wanted, perhaps he'd still be alive.

And there is a second, glaring, bit of liberal bias in this article from the uber-liberal Star-Ledger rag as well.

It notes the victim, "attempted to fight off two burglars" in the attack. Knowing the precise number of attackers means that witnesses were present, yet no description of the killers is given in the article. SPOILER ALERT: I'll give you 10 to 1 odds the killers are going to be black, which liberal journalists frequently omit from articles such as this.

At my dogs house on the 12th floor of the Acme building or on Rt. 78.
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I really don't like the headline chosen, "Slain NJIT student died in attempt to fight off burglars" for this tragedy.

This headline seems to suggest blame on the part of the victim, and smacks me of the liberal ideology that if only the student had just laid down and done everything the nice robber wanted, perhaps he'd still be alive.

And there is a second, glaring, bit of liberal bias in this article from the uber-liberal Star-Ledger rag as well.

It notes the victim, "attempted to fight off two burglars" in the attack. Knowing the precise number of attackers means that witnesses were present, yet no description of the killers is given in the article. SPOILER ALERT: I'll give you 10 to 1 odds the killers are going to be black, which liberal journalists frequently omit from articles such as this.
    Yes two Obamaifihadasons seen leaving the area headed north on MLK. Yup lib bias or PC etc. the Ledger now more leftist then the NYT.
    Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
    Benjamin Franklin

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
    Benjamin Franklin

I am tired of the lies and crap, YOU by your own actions must make your own life matter!

Member #
    RIP Joe

Member #
    RIP Joe. I'm praying for the family.
    "The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors