NJIT Student Death - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: NJIT Student Death

Member #
    Taquan Harris and Nafee Cotman?

I lose again. My money was on Shamus O'Reilly and Anthony Esposito.

Member #
    On a serious note:

Nafee Cotman, 18, and Taquan Harris, 22, both face murder, burglary and weapons charges, authorities said. Cotman is in custody, but authorities said Harris is still at large.
    Yet there is a mug shot of Harris in the article, which means he had a prior record and was on the loose. It will be interesting to see what his prior arrest(s) was for.

Member #
    Productive member of society ....
    NJIT said Micalizzi was a junior majoring in mechanical engineering. He made the dean’s list in the fall and was in his second year at NJIT after transferring from Brookdale Community College, the school said.
    Name:  untitled1.png
Views: 114
Size:  183.3 KB
    They had an American flag hanging on the frathouse ....
    Name:  ChcutaoWYAEFcAk.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  136.6 KB
    Filthy garbage, menaces to society, drains of society. Raised like the animals that they are. "Fathers" of future worthless garbage ...
    Name:  untitled.png
Views: 144
Size:  342.8 KB
    "Ya gotta love to just watch the grass blow"

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Lets all hope Taquan resists arrest.

Member #
    2 pieces of absolute shit.

Member #

NJIT Student Death

As a current Njit student it's unfortunate that crime has spiked. My freshman year, there was only one student death that I remember and it was suicide.
    Unfortunately, as well, I seriously doubt any frat could get away with having guns on the premise. Cops are around all the time, and it would likely cause problems especially with the parties, few as they may be. I personally wouldn't bring any of my guns to school. More risk that it's worth and that coming from the kid who dragged his bow to archery practice every week.
    Finally I doubt that ANYTHING in those frat houses is worth losing or taking a life over. If there was, then it shouldn't have been easily stollen. Those places are far from secure, so that's a losing proposition anyway.
    Plane and simple, what the burglars did was heinous, but Joe should never have challenged two armed men on his own, unarmed. His life and safety likely would have been in less danger if he hadn't caused an escalation of the situation. There is also no guarantee that Joe would have made it out alive if he had retaliated with armed force either. Prevention prevents crimes. Use of guns escalated violence. I just don't see this situation as one that would warrant the use of firearms on the victim's part. I can't know if Joe genuinely feared for his life but his actions ended it, either way.

This is sad all over, but this should not be a gun waving issue, "Idda killed those bastards ifin' I were him!" No, if you are the responsible gun owners that you flame to be, you wouldn't. Have some sense. Get off you damned high horses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 2jka; 05-06-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Member #
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. While it is your opinion that Joe should not have confronted the intruders, I say that unless you are privy to facts associated with the confrontation that support your "opinion", you should put a sock in it. Blaming the victim is complete bullshit.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jka View Post
    As a current Njit student it's unfortunate that crime has spiked. My freshman year, there was only one student death that I remember and it was suicide.
    Unfortunately, as well, I seriously doubt any frat could get away with having guns on the premise. Cops are around all the time, and it would likely cause problems especially with the parties, few as they may be. I personally wouldn't bring any of my guns to school. More risk that it's worth and that coming from the kid who dragged his bow to archery practice every week.
    Finally I doubt that ANYTHING in those frat houses is worth losing or taking a life over. If there was, then it shouldn't have been easily stollen. Those places are far from secure, so that's a losing proposition anyway.
    Plane and simple, what the burglars did was heinous, but Joe should never have challenged two armed men on his own, unarmed. His life and safety likely would have been in less danger if he hadn't caused an escalation of the situation. There is also no guarantee that Joe would have made it out alive if he had retaliated with armed force either. Prevention prevents crimes. Use of guns escalated violence. I just don't see this situation as one that would warrant the use of firearms on the victim's part. I can't know if Joe genuinely feared for his life but his actions ended it, either way.

This is sad all over, but this should not be a gun waving issue, "Idda killed those bastards ifin' I were him!" No, if you are the responsible gun owners that you flame to be, you wouldn't. Have some sense. Get off you damned high horses.

I guess that you didn't pass a spelling class?
    2jka likes this.
    "The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jka View Post

And there is no guarantee that even if he did comply that they wouldn't have killed him anyway. Like others stated, unless you were there you cannot speculate.

Member #
    I was shocked to hear this. That was my old house. Did a lot of partying there when I was at Rutgers in the late 80's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors