Dog training get togethers?
    Member #
    I know some of you guys get together with your dogs for training-I was wondering if anybody was going to be doing that soon. I want to get my 14 month old lab started on upland birds (he doesn't have the coat for waterfowl) but I have no idea where to start. I'd be really interested just to see some upland dogs in action. I don't think I would bring my dog at least the first time because though he knows basic commands he'd probably get really excited with the other dogs around and be a distraction. Anybody in the Hunterdon area going out anytime soon?
    Country roads, take me home
    To the place, I belong
    West New Jersey, Hunterdon County
    Take me home, country roads

Member #
    I do a lot of training in the backyard with frozen pheasant wings, so "going out" to train just means going outside. You're more than welcome to come over with your pup to see what the story is. I live in Washington, so I'm just down the road.
    For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - Kipling

Member #
    Powerstroke, I have a 9 month lab that I have gotten out a few times this year, and am always looking to train more. I am located in Blairstown if you want to get together.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    14 month, my dogs are finished being trained at 6 months and are hunting. English springer spaniels. Hunt at 20 yards, quarter and Retrieving.

Member #
    Powerstroke, I have a bunch of wings if you want. My lab is 14 months old as well. I started training her at 9 weeks, but having a child put a huge speed bump in our hunting. She still did good her few times out. Your pup (Hank?) will be fine.

Member #
    14 month, my dogs are finished being trained at 6 months and are hunting. English springer spaniels. Hunt at 20 yards, quarter and Retrieving.
    I hear ya-I didn't actually get him with the intention of hunting with him-you might say he fell into our laps in a way. Regardless, he comes from a strong hunting line and is definitely a field bred dog. I've barely had time to go out for deer let alone birds this year, so that was a factor too. Do you guys ever get together at the Clinton dog training area? I could almost spit and hit it from my house so if you guys want to head out there one day I'm game.
    Country roads, take me home
    To the place, I belong
    West New Jersey, Hunterdon County
    Take me home, country roads

Sponsors