New Jersey will stock 3,000 Chuckars - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: New Jersey will stock 3,000 Chuckars

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEBADGER View Post
    a very disappointing day at berkshire valley today no birds seen at all hunted untill 10:00am with no luck. all others i talked to had same results. looks like an end to pheasant hunting in new jersey. this was the worst season i ever had in 37 years of hunting state land, i will not be buying any more stamps it was a good run while it lasted.
    i hear ya. your not getting much for your money anymore. when the state went to extended archery and made it so if you wanted to hunt more than a month before paying again i said too much for deer that reproduce themselves. the good news is that all us old farts who are fed up with paying for anything will soon be too old to go anymore and nobody to fill our shoes so maybe they can let the wildlife management areas go to condo city developers and marajhooky growers. olol...
    Last edited by Treestandman; 12-30-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Member #
    we hunted Colliers Mills and Assunpink yesterday and only found one bird. very disappointing, spend over 5 hours in the field

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird-dog 1 View Post
    There might be birds in Flatbrook, but I live 10 miles from the Clinton WMA and I shouldn't have to drive over an hour to see birds.

I hunted Clinton yesterday for three hours with two dogs and didn't see a bird. I hear about 8 to 10 shots during that time. I spoke to a guy that got one chukar and he said he saw 6-7 of them together at 7:20 am and shot one and the rest flew off the property as they were stocked right next to the road. That seemed to be the common theme this year bunched up birds stock right next to the road. Thanks Fish and Game.
    As per NJF&W...
    "We hope that hunters will "follow the birds" as allocation numbers change within the stocked Wildlife Management Areas (and the Delaware Water Gap). As some areas receive more birds we hope hunters will begin to hunt those areas. In effect, this will reduce overall hunter densities and increase hunter safety and satisfaction. Our Pheasant Stocking Maps allow hunters to identify the areas stocked on each WMA and will hopefully facilitate hunters in following the birds and hunting new areas."

Translation: We don't care where or why you hunt where you hunt. We at NJF&W know what's in your best interest so just STFU, "follow the birds," and hunt where we want you to hunt!
    Bird-dog 1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Assunpink saturday two dogs not one bird. no shots and a 100 trucks!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscof View Post
    Once again the pheasant hunting in Clinton on the last stocking of the season was below average. No effort was made to spread the birds out and therefore large sections were void of birds.

Few weeks ago I tried getting an explanation of why the season has been the worst I've seen in over 30 years. I called Rockport directly and got no one on the phone. Called the general info line and was told to call Chief Dave Golden of the Bureau of Land Management at (609) 984-1401. Called him twice. Left messages asking for a return call. I'm still waiting for a response! He is a one of the masterminds behind the NJ Pheasant Allocation Plan and probably contributed to Rockport's demise.

There's more to the story than the excuse that new USDA poultry quarantine requirements allegedly made Rockport cost prohibited. Poor management and employee performance were definitely part of the problem but I doubt we'll ever get the whole truth.
    Try emailing Dave Golden, I will be sending him one shortly. He did reply to my emails last year. His email address is: [email protected] Everyone needs to let him know how unhappy we are with he program.

Member #
    If cold weather is a issue for the birds, wouldn't be wise to maybe stock grouse? I see tons of them in Maine, upstate ny?
    But what do I know, I'm a rabbit hunter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors