rookie salt water fisherman looking for some help
    Member #

rookie salt water fisherman looking for some help

I am going out in barneget bay Friday morning early .
    I have fished a fair amount on party boats but have done pretty dam poorly on my own boat.
    I am launching out of forked river ( where my boat is parked on a lift so no trailering)
    My question is what bait and general area? I do not care if i catch blue fish or whatever.
    Bringing my brother i law who never caught a fish in 60 years and nephew who does party boats once in a while too.
    I do not mind buying whatever bait and or chum that would help us catch a couple fish.
    Any help would be appreciated. I will also stop in Grizz's bait and tackle to see what they say

Member #
    Buck tails topped with gulp mullet, gulp mullet teaser in front. Play around with colors until you find what’s working, jig just a few inches off bottom and drift. Not a bad idea to keep a rod dead stocked with a bunker chunk, might get a good pull from a ray or a shark

Member #
    Thank you! sounds smart double chances

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer1962 View Post
    I am going out in barneget bay Friday morning early .
    I have fished a fair amount on party boats but have done pretty dam poorly on my own boat.
    I am launching out of forked river ( where my boat is parked on a lift so no trailering)
    My question is what bait and general area? I do not care if i catch blue fish or whatever.
    Bringing my brother i law who never caught a fish in 60 years and nephew who does party boats once in a while too.
    I do not mind buying whatever bait and or chum that would help us catch a couple fish.
    Any help would be appreciated. I will also stop in Grizz's bait and tackle to see what they say
    I went out the Barnegat last Saturday. Fluke and Blowfish in the bay. Outside at the tires it was a zoo. Went out to the Barnegat Ridge picked up some 3 pound blues. The fluke action is up north.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampAssassin View Post
    Buck tails topped with gulp mullet, gulp mullet teaser in front. Play around with colors until you find what’s working, jig just a few inches off bottom and drift. Not a bad idea to keep a rod dead stocked with a bunker chunk, might get a good pull from a ray or a shark
    +1

Member #
    fishman that is my next trip barneget ridge. I have never gone that far out yet. 24' open bow so i have to watch the weather

Member #
    I lost all of my private messages!

Member #
    Try the Barnegat Light Reef. This time of year you should be able to catch Fluke, Sea Bass, probably some Ling and the Blues may be there as well. It's only about 3.5 miles out of Barnegat Inlet. These numbers should put you in the middle of it.
    39-45-270 N
    74-01-488 W

Name:  BLR.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  192.3 KB

Sponsors