25 hp outboard opinions
    Member #

25 hp outboard opinions

looking at new outboards for a small aluminum. Ive had evinrude/johnson for 0ver 40 years. but im looking at yamaha, and honda also. Have the 4 cycle bugs been hashed out yet? I keep hearing how they spend a lot of time in the shop, but most online search info is a few years old. yamaha is lightest, and weight is a factor, but reliability is priority. My johnson 25 has been great, but its just getting some years on it, and looking to upgrade. Thoughts? especially from marine mechanics
    -I had a good quote, but Hillary deleted it-

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

N.R.A. endowment patriot lifetime member.

Member #
    Went with a Yamaha, its the lightest, and 12-1500 cheaper than an e-tech. I guess you pay your money and take your chances with anything. Just hoping I don't get that monday morning lemon... could happen with any brand.
    -I had a good quote, but Hillary deleted it-

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

N.R.A. endowment patriot lifetime member.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx View Post
    Went with a Yamaha, its the lightest, and 12-1500 cheaper than an e-tech. I guess you pay your money and take your chances with anything. Just hoping I don't get that monday morning lemon... could happen with any brand.
    +1

Sponsors