New Jersey Hunters banner

wtb firewood near byram township...where?

739 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DakotaBear 
#1 ·
looking for a recommendation...i have a mid size pickup so that's a possibilty or delivery would work too. just bought a house here so new to the area. thanks.

#6 ·
If you want seasoned wood you’ll have to buy it or cut it a year ahead of time. NOBODY dries wood properly anymore. They cut it, then leave it piled up high as a mountain outside un covered. It needs to be stacked and covered with good airflow on the ends. You won’t find any sellers who do that. Better off looking on craigslist for someone with maple or cherry wood for free, split and stack it and maybe you can use by end of winter (those woods can dry out in 4-6 months if split small )

Seriously don’t waste your money buying wood.

#10 ·
Send me a PM. I live in Forest Lakes in Byram. I have been buying from the same guy for a few years now. He actually delivers full cords of good wood. I can give you his contact information.

#11 ·
thanks huntingdude and k3c4 appreciate the info, will probably buy a cord from each and see which is better for future purchases. and than you trebor for the offer that's very generous but I've been so busy with work and stuff around the new house I'm trying to buy it this season b/c I don't have time to do it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.