New Jersey Hunters banner

Need a Lawyer, Passaic County

2K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  Dsaint004 
#1 ·
Need a lawyer to fight a ticket I received in Paterson last week, Thanks...

#5 ·
go with joe mecca from Totowa. he was good when i needed him for paterson issues.

#6 ·
That SUCKS Rich, hope all works out bro [sad]

#10 ·
you dont need a lawyer for that. Go to court, plead not guilty. You will meet with the prosecutor and have an opportunity to get reckless driving or similar and pay the points. Expect to pay about $100 per point plus court cost. I went thru a YELLOW light once, it was yellow!

#11 ·
opportunity to get reckless driving
Not RECKLESS Driving [eek] You mean CARELESS driving :D

There is HUGE difference between the two.

There is a one time deferral program that you will get the opportunity to participate in if you haven't already, make you sure bring at least several hundred dollars with you, as getting around the points is do-able but not cheap.

#19 ·
"Unsafe Driver"....give or take $400 and change in my town, no points!
That's the deferral program or down grade I was talking about, couldn't remember what it was called. It use to be only a one time down grade but will cost you.

#23 ·
the downgraded charge you want to plea out to is "unsafe operation" 39:4-97.2. the court costs are generally about $130 or so and the mandatory state imposed srcharge of $250. approx. $400 ot the door without any points, surcharge will be higher if you have plead to this charge in the past. when sed the third time it comes with 4 pts. they (the prosecutor) will most likely be more than happy to offer you this deal. if yo need more detailed advice pm me. good luck.

#24 ·
Why pay the 400.00 :) If your not a bad driver, take the two point, pay the DMV surcharges of 50 per point, 100.oo. And in a year of no more tickets the point come off.
So that is only 100, on top of the fine, which is probable like 130.00 ....That unsafe operation is crap.
Its still a moving violation, and your insurance company can bang you as your admiting that your drove in a mannner likely to damage property of injure persons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.