New Jersey Hunters banner

want to get my 9 pt mounted!!

8K views 64 replies 37 participants last post by  ringwood boy 
#1 ·
can the taxidermist on here please pm me your prices for a shoulder mount for my 9 pt. already caped out and ready to go. I want just a standard shoulder mount maybe looking to right or left slightly. Deer weighed 130 lbs. Just pm me your prices, phone # and where ur located. Thanks a lot. Bill

#6 ·
My list would be in no order as they all do top quality work, I've had work done by both Dante and Kelly, there are many more that do good work

Wildlife Preservations - George Dante (NJH - gduck1)
192 Lackawanna Ave., Unit 104
West Paterson, NJ 07424
Phone: 973.890.1516

Wildlife Expressions Taxidermy - Sandy Sylvester
Tuckerton, NJ
(609) 812-1022
http://www.wildlifeexpressionstaxidermy.com/

All Game Taxidermy By Carl Osterlund(NJH - croallgame)
Carl Osterlund
605 Wardell Rd
Neptune, NJ 07753
732-918-8699 FAX 732-922-0861
AllGameTax@aol.com
http://www.allgametaxidermy.com

Jim Kelly 908-284-0778

#9 ·
Ok well if you want to pay $600 for quality work, I'll pay $350 for quality an not have a sore ass. A married couple i know used to charge $250 for a shoulder mount, an they do all professional work including a local zoo near me has them do all their mounts, so what? Their work is shi* also because they aren't raping people for a mount??! You need to get your priorities straight..

#11 ·
thanks everyone for info and the pms. i will be getting back to all of you and making my decision very soon. Am i correct by keeping it in a plastic bag for now in my chest freezer. like I said, its all caped out and ready to go[up]. i have seen all your work on here and have nothing bad to say about any of the mounts. All great work done by u guys[up]. Replies coming soon. Im working 4-12 shift right now so its hard.Thanks again everyone[up]

#18 ·
I never charged $350.00, In 1993 I started at $400.00. With the cost of supplies, tanning and shipping tripled in that time frame, even $500.00 is not enough to make a living at this business. Raping people, what about an electrican or plummber charging $95.00 to $120.00 just to walk in your home for repairs? Is that raping people also, very stupid statement. Most hunters that are not familar with taxidermy have no clue what a quality mount looks like, as a matter of fact neither do some taxidermist.

#20 ·
I did my own tanning at one time but found it cost more in time and supplies, tons of salt and solutions of pickle to get rid of, not worth it. You also need a $1200.00 plus shaving machine to thin the cape. Just pouring on some tanning liquid or rubbing on some powder is old school and just doesn't cut it for todays mounts. I tan my own for competition pieces or small game mounts. If your happy with your guys work, great, but saying taxidermy isn't worth the money for a specialized business is not going to make to many friends on this forum.

#22 ·
JerseyJays in CLifton.

No one said hunting was cheap, you spend hundreds on bows, and guns, why not a mount.
I hope to get something to mount one day

#24 ·
"Paul" I didn't know this was grade school where if I voice an opinion an someone didn't like it, there not going to be my "friend". Boo hoo, I'm not going to lose sleep over it an have no intentions on doing so either, I just simply stated that I would not pay almost $600 dollars to get a shoulder mount done when I can get it done for $350 an have the same quality work done to it.

#25 ·
^^ what do YOU do for a living???

How old are you?
You work for minimum wage?
What do you make an hour?
Got a house and family to support?

All I know is houses in nj are expensive
Taxes are insane
Rent is crazy
Car ins blows
Health insurance-forget about it, might as well die.

Anyone charging $300 and change should work for McDonald's instead to spare other taxidermists the guilt, cause to mount deer full time, at that price, you aren't getting anywhere.

UNLESS........

You are retired and have benefits, pension, etc and just mount heads for cash to play each year,then you are gettin somewhere but that's screwed up even more to do that to other taxidermists. Let guys without all that make a living, don't undercut them..

All I know is there are guys Montana charging over $600 for deer heads.. And bills aren't even close to bills here in nj.

So anyone giving out a truly quality mount in nj should not be at $300-$400. If they are as good as you say, then why would they be undercutting every other quality taxidermist out there? They wouldn't need to...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.