Ringwood forest/Ramapo mountain info requested.....
    Member #
    Hey all. Ive been working in that area right on skyline drive and have been noticing a bunch of trucks and hunters parked along the side of the road of skyline drive. I assume this is state land and judging by the compendium it seems as though the despcription of the kland includes this area.

Does anyone on here hunt the area? Or doe anyone know what the borders are and what kind of access pointsd are avaulable. Ive just about lost 2 properties this season and im being slowly forced onto state land. This is maybe 20 min from my house so hopefully someone on here ius willing to lend a hand. Im not one of the guys to steal your spot. Not at all. Im just looking to explore new territories should i lose my land thgis season.

Any help is greatly appreciated. You can obviously reply here or get in touch with me VIA email at [email protected]

Ive been seeing a little white pickup as well as adodge pickup for the past 2 days at around 2:30pm. Same guy both days.

Thanks for your time

Member #
    The north side of Skyline Drive is open to hunting, the south side is closed.

The entire area is part of Ringwood State Park. You can pick up a hunting map from the park office that is located on the other end of town off of Sloatsburg Road.

There are are lot of woods there and we take some nice racks each year. It will take a while to pattern the deer but once you do you can score big.

Check the zone 3 part of the this website and you will see a twelve pointer that was taken last week from the other end of the park. Good Luck...

Member #
    Yea I hunt that alot. Some big deer back there. Been hunting there since my youth. I've met the guy in the white truck you're talking about, real nice guy. If you ever see a Chevy Colorado over there that's me! Any other questions just ask man.
    You are not a "prostaffer" and not on a "team". Trust me. Stop being a loser. Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Ramapo State Forest is also along Skyline Drive and is open hunting. Like the gusy said, tough area to figure out but worth a crack if it's close to your house.
    NRA Life Member
    Cedar Hill Gun Club
    Zone 2

Dominant Buck 230grain hollowpoint's Avatar
    Member #
    If you live there or have permission you can also access RSP through several residential areas.

Member #
    Im not that familiar with the area. But where is the location that you guys said i can get a map?

In other words if i coming up skyliune drive do ya have rough directions as to where the office off sloatsburg road is>?

BTW, there doesnt appear to be that much parking there so looks liek guys just park along the road where they can. How crowded is it on a saturday?

And ill take a ong shot here...any chance someone would wanna show me the area say during the winter bow season or even post season? This way i have a better understanding of the boundaries and access points? Ive hunted private land since i was 10....im 22 now and dont have a clue where to start with state land properties.

Again guys...thanks for any help. Its much appreciated

Good luck to those heading out in the morning!

Member #
    Put an E-mail in your profile and I'll send you some info. Include your mailing address.

I live and work in Ringwood. I'm sure I can point you in the right direction.

Member #
    i put the email in the profile...its [email protected]

Thanks for any help

Sponsors