IDIOTS Drivin deer on Perrineville rd in Monroe - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: IDIOTS Drivin deer on Perrineville rd in Monroe

  1. #11
    Non Typical deadonshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Member #
    5919
    Thanked
    958 times
    I get it. You are pissed that your truck got damaged by a deer driven into roadway by guys driving deer. Were the hunters legal? And did you call police to report the group? Either for hunting illegally or for causing a situation that caused damage to your truck? And how do you know if that was not either the first of several drives in that woodlot or ihe piece you have highlighted was driven before you came down road and deer escaped into the area they were currently driving? Or is it just better to come onto a website and bitch about it? Just wanting to know what you actually did about the situation or if it is just venting. I totally understand being upset. But continually ripping hunters for doing something legally is really not fair.

  2. #12
    Non Typical Dlouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,526
    Member #
    3887
    Thanked
    759 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deadonshot View Post
    I get it. You are pissed that your truck got damaged by a deer driven into roadway by guys driving deer. Were the hunters legal? And did you call police to report the group? Either for hunting illegally or for causing a situation that caused damage to your truck? And how do you know if that was not either the first of several drives in that woodlot or ihe piece you have highlighted was driven before you came down road and deer escaped into the area they were currently driving? Or is it just better to come onto a website and bitch about it? Just wanting to know what you actually did about the situation or if it is just venting. I totally understand being upset. But continually ripping hunters for doing something legally is really not fair.
    1) Yes, I am pissed. the truck was the least of my concerns. Had the deer come through the windshield with my daughter in the cab, it would have been a whole different tragedy.
    2) I hunt this very same are as do many others. The corner is a convenient spot to park as there is plenty of space there, it stays dry and it's a good meeting spot.
    3) EVERYONE I know who hunts this are does so well within the woods well out of sight of the main road. We tend to go deep enough on Federal so as to be on the other side of the camp.
    4) Legal and responsible are two different things. As are common sense and idiocy. Such an event, if made known to the right(wrong) ears, could easily get hunting shut down in the area, which is what I don't want. It is now comprised gated communities and 55+ complexes where once stood dense forest and farms. These communities are filled with transplanted folks from urban areas who are very anti and would like nothing better than to ban hunting altogether. Had it been a silver haired couple instead of me and had the event resulted in injury, I have no doubts that the consequences would have amounted to an effective shutdown of hunting in the area.
    5) I guess my point is to perhaps convey that discretion is the better part of valor. Hunters need to realize that we are becoming an endangered species and as such we not only need to let others know we are not a threat to their lifestyles, we need to ensure that we use our common sense as we go about ours. Stupid comments such as "I was legal and I didn't mean for it to happen" aren't going to cut it in the current environment. All this conveys is that something that is "Legal" is also "Dangerous" and need to be fixed...which couldn't be farther from the truth. We need to gain the trust of non hunters, not validate their fears through irresponsibility; legal or not.
    6) I was also hope that the idiots in question might see this and learn to get there heads outta their asses and wise up when hunting in the future.
    longbow likes this.

  3. #13
    Non Typical deadonshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Member #
    5919
    Thanked
    958 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlouis View Post
    1) Yes, I am pissed. the truck was the least of my concerns. Had the deer come through the windshield with my daughter in the cab, it would have been a whole different tragedy.
    2) I hunt this very same are as do many others. The corner is a convenient spot to park as there is plenty of space there, it stays dry and it's a good meeting spot.
    3) EVERYONE I know who hunts this are does so well within the woods well out of sight of the main road. We tend to go deep enough on Federal so as to be on the other side of the camp.
    4) Legal and responsible are two different things. As are common sense and idiocy. Such an event, if made known to the right(wrong) ears, could easily get hunting shut down in the area, which is what I don't want. It is now comprised gated communities and 55+ complexes where once stood dense forest and farms. These communities are filled with transplanted folks from urban areas who are very anti and would like nothing better than to ban hunting altogether. Had it been a silver haired couple instead of me and had the event resulted in injury, I have no doubts that the consequences would have amounted to an effective shutdown of hunting in the area.
    5) I guess my point is to perhaps convey that discretion is the better part of valor. Hunters need to realize that we are becoming an endangered species and as such we not only need to let others know we are not a threat to their lifestyles, we need to ensure that we use our common sense as we go about ours. Stupid comments such as "I was legal and I didn't mean for it to happen" aren't going to cut it in the current environment. All this conveys is that something that is "Legal" is also "Dangerous" and need to be fixed...which couldn't be farther from the truth. We need to gain the trust of non hunters, not validate their fears through irresponsibility; legal or not.
    6) I was also hope that the idiots in question might see this and learn to get there heads outta their asses and wise up when hunting in the future.
    This explanation is a much better expression of your concern than your first post. I vaguely know the area you are talking about and hunted that area back in 70's. It has changed a lot since then. We do walk around on egg shells hunting near dvelopments and new housing. I can remember many places I used to hunt that now have houses standing there instead. But if your concern is safety then that should far outweigh the ability to still hunt that location. Your childs life is worth keeping safe much more than hunting. So I still think by doing nothing you changed nothing for your childs safety. You can drive down same road this saturday and have same thing happen but maybe a bigger deer and maybe you are going a few miles faster. Wouldn't you feel horrible if something did happen and you did nothing about the first time? We as humans wait sometimes until it is too late to actually keep our families safe. We try to have it both ways instead of deciding what one of them is really more important.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Non Typical Dlouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,526
    Member #
    3887
    Thanked
    759 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deadonshot View Post
    This explanation is a much better expression of your concern than your first post. I vaguely know the area you are talking about and hunted that area back in 70's. It has changed a lot since then. We do walk around on egg shells hunting near dvelopments and new housing. I can remember many places I used to hunt that now have houses standing there instead. But if your concern is safety then that should far outweigh the ability to still hunt that location. Your childs life is worth keeping safe much more than hunting. So I still think by doing nothing you changed nothing for your childs safety. You can drive down same road this saturday and have same thing happen but maybe a bigger deer and maybe you are going a few miles faster. Wouldn't you feel horrible if something did happen and you did nothing about the first time? We as humans wait sometimes until it is too late to actually keep our families safe. We try to have it both ways instead of deciding what one of them is really more important.
    Well, emotions run high when events first happen and rationale takes over once the adrenaline wears off...even if it takes a few days. Curiously, you imply that I should take steps to have authorities act to have the area shut down to hunting. There is already a strong push to have this done and any additional ammunition would be welcomed by the local anti movement.

    I believe that there is plenty of gov't overreach in NJ and it was best to reach out to our community to address the problem through for self-policing. Any gov't intervention always results in a knee jerk reaction that assumes that the activity is the problem, not the few who act irresponsibly. It's my hope that should I pass that area again and see the trucks there for a drive, I see them entering the woods well away from the main road.

    All that being said, in the end for me, this is all for the purpose of prosperity. I moved from the area in question to NH two years ago so essentially I already have both feet out of the state. One toe remains in the state as my parents live in Monroe and we come down regularly to visit them. Now at 80yrs old, they are planning to sell and move up with us in the summer (winter in FL with my sister). So, much of my concern and desire for addressing it is pedantic at best and pretty much irrelevant to my future.
    Last edited by Dlouis; 02-06-2020 at 11:22 AM.

  6. #15
    Non Typical deadonshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Member #
    5919
    Thanked
    958 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlouis View Post
    Well, emotions run high when events first happen and rationale takes over once the adrenaline wears off...even if it takes a few days. Curiously, you imply that I should take steps to have authorities act to have the area shut down to hunting. There is already a strong push to have this done and any additional ammunition would be welcomed by the local anti movement.

    I believe that there is plenty of gov't overreach in NJ and it was best to reach out to our community to address the problem through for self-policing. Any gov't intervention always results in a knee jerk reaction that assumes that the activity is the problem, not the few who act irresponsibly. It's my hope that should I pass that area again and see the trucks there for a drive, I see them entering the woods well away from the main road.

    All that being said, in the end for me, this is all for the purpose of prosperity. I moved from the area in question to NH two years ago so essentially I already have both feet out of the state. One toe remains in the state as my parents live in Monroe and we come down regularly to visit them. Now at 80yrs old, they are planning to sell and move up with us in the summer (winter in FL with my sister). So, much of my concern and desire for addressing it is pedantic at best and pretty much irrelevant to my future.
    Nope would never advocate to prevent hunting. But if it was as big of a concern about safety I would have found out exactly how they were conducting the drive and made suggestion accordingly. I hunt a WMA and the base was conducting convoy training on the road that seperates the base from the WMA. Well I was walking out of the woods and the humvee had their 50 cal gun positioned right on me. I went to the position they were actually doing the ambush from and asked for the person in charge. I opened up about a military vehicle pointing a 50 cal gun on a civilian on public property. Luckily I was holding a compound bow and not a 12 gauge because that is what would have then been pointed at the soldier. Well, they moved the training back onto the base after that. I could care less they were training but I do have an issue with someone pointing a gun at me on public land. So I spoke up and found out the soldier should not have done that and it was a training mistake. So my point is you should have done something to either fix or understand the situation better. Congrats on your move from NJ

  7. #16
    Typical TurkeyWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Zone 10
    Posts
    891
    Member #
    3855
    Thanked
    440 times
    Deadonshot, I don’t know you nor have I ever met you. Thank God. You sound like a real asshole. Good Luck.
    Last edited by TurkeyWing; 02-06-2020 at 08:16 PM.

  8. #17
    Non Typical deadonshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Member #
    5919
    Thanked
    958 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyWing View Post
    Deadonshot, I don’t know you nor have I ever met you. Thank God. You sound like a real asshole. Good Luck.
    Why for being proactive with dealing with my situation or pointing out the OP should have done something if it was as big of a concern as he stated. I don't understand the coming on a public forum and complaining about what one person perceived as unsafe. Was it only unsafe because the deer ran into the truck?Or were they shooting towards the roadway? Wasn't there a deer massacre years ago on the turnpike from a deer drive? Like 9 deer got hit if I remember correctly. Those deer ran hundreds of yards and tried crossing the turnpike. So whether they were driving deer where OP stated or where he said is safe- same thing could have happened. So it is what the OP perceived. And why can't you post with your real ID? The real Turkeywing is no longer with us. So stop hiding behind a deceased guys screen name.

  9. #18
    Typical TurkeyWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Zone 10
    Posts
    891
    Member #
    3855
    Thanked
    440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deadonshot View Post
    Why for being proactive with dealing with my situation or pointing out the OP should have done something if it was as big of a concern as he stated. I don't understand the coming on a public forum and complaining about what one person perceived as unsafe. Was it only unsafe because the deer ran into the truck?Or were they shooting towards the roadway? Wasn't there a deer massacre years ago on the turnpike from a deer drive? Like 9 deer got hit if I remember correctly. Those deer ran hundreds of yards and tried crossing the turnpike. So whether they were driving deer where OP stated or where he said is safe- same thing could have happened. So it is what the OP perceived. And why can't you post with your real ID? The real Turkeywing is no longer with us. So stop hiding behind a deceased guys screen name.
    You act like you know it all. I know it all, have you read my posts.You have an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Fellow hunters email me for rut advise.You expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it. Once again read my advise, these guys know me and follow me and PM me for advise. You must be so envious of others by the way you wrote your previous posts. We have nothing to prove but you act superior. Good Luck

  10. #19
    Monster Buck jumpthestring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,631
    Member #
    7456
    Thanked
    1901 times
    Why can't we all just get along ?

  11. #20
    Non Typical deadonshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Member #
    5919
    Thanked
    958 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyWing View Post
    You act like you know it all. I know it all, have you read my posts.You have an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Fellow hunters email me for rut advise.You expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it. Once again read my advise, these guys know me and follow me and PM me for advise. You must be so envious of others by the way you wrote your previous posts. We have nothing to prove but you act superior. Good Luck
    TW you are the master of the rut. But when an OP calls the hunters idiots and lazy and uses the guise of his daughters safety to bash other sportsmen-- I think that is wrong. Especially if the person did nothing about the situation. If saying so makes me an ahole so be it. Is the rut still going strong in zone 10? Only a few days of bow season to get a hog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •