Will Probably Never be able to get my FID :(
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Will Probably Never be able to get my FID :(

Member #

Will Probably Never be able to get my FID :(

So I just found out because I was committed to a "mental health facility" for behavioral issues by my parents as a very young child [~9 yrs old] and then later diagnosed for ADD/ADHD, I'll likely get denied if I apply for an FID...

I find this absolutely ridiculous, has anyone else ever encountered something like this?

I can't seem to find any information anywhere that would help me get through this successfully.

Member #
    Ah youre back again.......

I see you didn't get the answer you tried for the first 10 times you posted about this....

Troll Elsewhere.....
    rdfhunter likes this.

Member #
    Back? I just registered here for an answer... I'm not trolling.

I've been hunting with my fathers rifles since I was a kid and I was looking into getting my own rifle... so If you can't help GTFO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Get a letter from shrink that cleares you of being a danger to your self or others. It's a start. Talk to the officer in charge in your town and be open about it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by buckfever1974 View Post
    Get a letter from shrink that cleares you of being a danger to your self or others. It's a start. Talk to the officer in charge in your town and be open about it.
    Does that really work?

What are the options if they reject me anyway? Can I reapply or am I SOL for the rest of my life?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Izero View Post
    Back? I just registered here for an answer... I'm not trolling.

I've been hunting with my fathers rifles since I was a kid and I was looking into getting my own rifle... so If you can't help GTFO.
    You can always bowhunt.
    zipper likes this.

Member #
    Now you were committed when you were 9? Really now...... Usually tender age commitments are performed by a juvenile judge at a hearing...
    Your parents just dropped you off at the door huh....
    Instead of dealing with a bad kid the way most parents do...and beating your ass when you needed it....

No one is going to "help" you here so troll away.....

These "why cant I buy a gun if Ive been committed" posts seem to be every other day.....

Don't PM me again....

Become a functioning part of a good hunting website, actually contribute and maybe folks will take you serious... Your first post indicates you wont be here long....
    Last edited by palawman30; 01-05-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Member #
    Deja vu. Like Sitka said try bowhunting until you get it sorted out. You might not go back...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by palawman30 View Post
    Now you were committed when you were 9? Really now...... Usually tender age commitments are performed by a juvenile judge at a hearing...
    Instead of dealing with a bad kid the way most parents do...and beating your ass when you needed it....

These "why cant I buy a gun if Ive been committed" posts seem to be every other day.....
    I'm convinced that half of them are trolls from some anti-gun group trying to someone from a pro-gun forum to post something incriminating.

You think he knows that he could just order it online using the loophole, and have it delivered to his house?
    palawman30 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by palawman30 View Post

Not that I need to explain myself, I feel you need to understand that not everyone out there is a troll and some are legitimately asking for some guidance.

My Elementary school was more to blame, they requested that my parents bring me to a shrink before they would allow me to return to class. I would finish my class work and be disruptive...

When we went the first time the shrink was a jerk, so I had a temper tantrum on my 2nd visit b/c I didn't want to go, and he threatened to have me committed and began calling the police. My mother brought me to a facility herself so that they could retain control over my being there instead of the state of NJ... so they did what they had to do.

I got my fair share of "tough-love" and I don't need you to tell me what my parents did or didn't do, I'm doing just fine. I even received a written apology from the school board that caused me so much hardship over them not having the facilities to properly handle ADD/ADHD.

I'd be happy to discuss this in more depth with you but I have a feeling you're not a very understanding or considerate human being.

Either way, you're a real jerk and typical keyboard warrior. I'm on multiple forums across the internet, feel free to google my user name I've become contributing members of all of the Forums that I join. It's people like you that cause forums to lose new members.
    Last edited by Izero; 01-05-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors