looking for answers - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: looking for answers

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ntmimms6306 View Post
    Moving somewhere between Cape May and Atlantic City. Just started looking for a place to live.

Hunterdan: My wife is from Jersey and is schooling me on the Jersey Devil as I type. Don't know if i wanna go in the woods anymore!
    its not so mutch the devil its more of them backwoods pineboys you got to keep an eye on lol and you got it bow season is best

Member #
    Egg harbor there is alot of woods that way. Best way is to get on google maps, or boots on the ground like the rest of us.

Member #
    You have some good areas to scout out for housing and hunting in the area you mentioned. Jersey has issues, but has a lot to offer as well. Check out across route 50 and Cumberland County for starters. Some mentioned EHT. Not so sure that's the area for hunting. It may offer housing within driving distance to work and hunting areas though. Good Luck. Need a tour guide for a Saturday drive around the area, let me know via PM. (in a few weeks, after deer season)
    ntmimms6306 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Jesus

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by themrdmack View Post
    Jesus
    Heard he just left Chicago but, he's bound for New Orleans, not south Jersey
    4lifer likes this.
    ​Black Widow Deer Lures Field Staff
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    You can go to your local field office - they have maps printed out you can just take for free. I actually had the DFW mail me maps of some WMAs in my area. You can email them and they can snail-mail some maps to you. These aren't great maps, but its something. They at least show you the boundaries and some of the major roads.

You can also download the PDFs of these maps from their website and print them from home.

Here's the maps I'm taking about on the website

And this page says

MAPS
    Current topographic maps of WMAs in PDF format are available on the Table of Wildlife Management Areas page; maps showing area roads are available on the Wildlife Management Area Road Maps page. If you'd like a higher resolution map or other information, please contact the Bureau of Land Management at 609-984-0547, e-mail [email protected] or write NJ Div. Fish and Wildlife, WMA Map Request, Mail Code 501-03, PO Box 420, Trenton, NJ 08625-0420.

Member #
    Thanks for all the info. I have some time between now and when I move out there. Just wanted to get ahead of the game. Can anyone suggest a good archery shop/range/club in the area?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ntmimms6306 View Post
    Thanks for all the info. I have some time between now and when I move out there. Just wanted to get ahead of the game. Can anyone suggest a good archery shop/range/club in the area?
    I can only recommend what I know from personal experience - I bought my bow from Bangers Sports (John, the archery guy, was very helpful). I also bought my Remington 870 12ga from there, too. Not a bad place, and they have a shooting range right on premises (though it is a bit on the expensive side to join, something like 250 for the year). Its a 10 dollar guest fee, so if you know a member, you can get on with them (that's how I got on once). The range is from (IIRC) 25 yards to 300 yards - pistol, rifle, or shotgun. There is NO trap or skeet ranges there though - if there was, I seriously would consider joining. What is nice is there is a public archery range right across the street from Bangers - public, no fee. Just have to have a valid NJ hunters license to use it. For firearm, I go to the Makepeace public range (again, no fee, just need valid NJ hunter license or be with someone who has one) which is about 15 minutes south of Bangers - it has a 75 yard range (no pistol, .22, muzzy or shotgun only) and a trap range (bring your own thrower, its just concrete pads).

This is all around Winslow in South Jersey, which may or may not be close to where you'll be.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by REALTREE83 View Post
    welcome to the site myself knowing you have a computer---you can google the areas you want to hunt i wish you luck and telling you before you move that this state blows
    You are right on the money with that. This state BLOWS!

Member #
    looks like I am not the only one looking for info. 635 views and 18 posts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors