Target practice in back yard. Legal???? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Member #
    Sometimes I am happy nj has strict gun laws because some people shouldn't even be allowed to own a bow! Why not just use some common sense are some of you just that dumb or want to argue? Maybe this website should be www.njhunterarguements.com.

Its like you read one post, read only what you want to and then respond with a dickhead response. Thankfully we have a boat load of rules and regulations because most seem to lack common sense especially on this post.

If you look on other websites about hunting or archery you don't see the incredible amounts of stupid questions and comments. Go shoot your bow and gun 30 yards from your neighbors house. Enjoy yourself have a great time! I'm sure your neighbors love this...

In fact I hope they do call the cops on you or anyone on here shooting 30 yards from someone house! Enjoy...

Yeah when you have a 5 year old running around the yard and your neighbors shooting their bow even 50 yards away because its legal. Give me a break... If your house is close to others go to the range.

I had others shooting while I was down range at the sayreville range. I said something to the guy and his response was I'm a good shot mind your business. I was pissed and left! Guys shooting while I am getting my arrows, he just didn't get it.

Fat spanish guy if anyone else there exp this! I know people on here that were with me but will not open their mouths.

Member #
    plumbers are hard-headed a-holes

Member #
    plumbers are hard-headed a-holes
    X2

Bet most here have never in a plumbing code debate
    “If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking.” ― General George Patton

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Bet most here have never in a plumbing code debate
    You should try it with some of these inspectors up north

Member #
    You should try it with some of these inspectors up north
    Seems to be they are tough all over anymore. Even when you know your right most of the time you give in because of economic or scheduling reasons. As with the plumbing code and all state codes the wording can be to broad and leave to much for interpretation.
    This was really the point tried to make earlier. You never know with this stupid state and over zealous state official.
    “If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking.” ― General George Patton

Member #
    Well, I know that if your going to start using game laws and apply it to target practice then not only the 150' rule but you have no broadhead on the tip of your arrow either. This implying that game laws control target shooting is utterly ridiculous. Apples and oranges. Local towns control that.

Member #
    Ok everyone on here is going after me for practicing to close to houses.
    None of you know where I have this set up and how I shoot. Yes I will admit I am not a perfect shot or that I dont make mistakes but I am at least safe.
    The place where I shoot archery in my back yard is no where close to houses they are all behind me.
    When ever any neighbor or I see a dog cat ect I stop shooting, doesnt matter if they are really far away i stop because things happen and I dont want to be shooting while neighbors are out. (Also I dont like feeling like people are watching me).
    The are I shoot is all open I can see for 50 yards all the way around. exception of the houses behind me.
    And last all my neighbors around me target practice in their back yards too.

It was a simple question about target ranges and also a statement about the set back rules.

Member #
    i live in glassboro, (can't tell you about the laws
    or what your police department will enforce in your area) but had a neighbor call about me shooting the bow years ago, the officer came out and saw that where i was shooting was safe. my yard slopes up behind where my targets are. the houses behind me are about 250 ft. or so and my side neighbors are about 30'. this was well within the 450' rule (old rule when it happened). don't know if the officer that responded knew what the municipal, county ,or state regs. were (i'd like to think he checked before responding but who knows) anyway he looked at my setup said it looked safe and told me to have a nice day (maybe he was a fellow hunter i don't know, he never said) i'll say one thing though to you guys quoting the HUNTING digest you need to realize that those regulations are for hunting purposes that's why it's called a HUNTING digest. as stated in previous posts each town is different, best bet is to call your local police department, forget state laws if their are any because the local p.d. will be the ones responding not the state troopers.

Member #
    i shoot in my back yard all the time..... i have house's 30-40yds from were i shoot.But i have a large back stop behind my target,and my shed is behind that.... If my neighbors come out side,i dont shoot.... I have been shooting my bow and had local security,and police drive by and wave too me....... IMO shoot your bow,just be smart about it,and be safe.

Member #
    I'm a new member, just signed up this morning. If it is not much, I would like to know if I can do target practice with an air gun (.177 or .22) in my backyard?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsors