Target practice in back yard. Legal???? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member #
    You are 100% incorrect sir.
    I believe I am 100% correct. The law says carry not hunt .In order to shoot a bow or firearm you must first carry it and if you carry it in a safety zone you are in violation.What is the difference if your hunting or target shooting.Your still in a safety zone with a loaded firearm The law is very clear. Its right in my text you quoted. Show me the law that says Im wrong?
    “If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking.” ― General George Patton

Member #
    You are quoting hunting rules from the hunting digest that only pertains to hunting regulations and situation, NOT ACTUAL STATE LAWS ON GUNS OR SHOOTING LAWS
    This is true I quoted from the digest. So show me the state law thats says I'm wrong.
    This is what F&W says so this is what I'm going by. You can follow whatever rules you want.
    “If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking.” ― General George Patton

Member #
    The law says carry not hunt
    It's not a law its a hunting regulation.
    This is true I quoted from the digest. So show me the state law thats says I'm wrong.
    I cant because there is NO STATE LAW pertaining to target shooting on the state law books Show me a State Law not a hunting rule from the hunting digest that actually states what your claiming is the state law

Once Again I say; You are only posting a hunting regulation from a hunting digest and calling it a State law
    This is what F&W says so this is what I'm going by. You can follow whatever rules you want.
    Do yourself a favor and just CALL The Fish & Game Bureau of Law Enforcement 908 735 8240, then you can talk to them and get the facts of hunting rules verses state laws

Just to clarify this Hunting Regulation with you as well ;
    the "450' Hunting Safety Zone" perimeter is only for while Gun Hunting

while Bow Hunting the "Hunting Safety Zone" perimeter is only 150'

BUT neither hunting safety zone perimeters actually pertain to target shooting
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

YUP... }}}--I most certainly do chase BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Jersey Bow Buck to date; 2011... 142 6/8”
    Best Jersey Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
    Best Jersey Northern Pike to date;
    40" (Passaic River Pike )
    Best Jersey Muskie to date; Still looking for him... LOL

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    believe I am 100% correct. The law says carry not hunt .In order to shoot a bow or firearm you must first carry it and if you carry it in a safety zone you are in violation.What is the difference if your hunting or target shooting.Your still in a safety zone with a loaded firearm The law is very clear. Its right in my text you quoted. Show me the law that says Im wrong?
    You are quoting a reg based on game code that pertains only to hunting. Target shooting is not hunting and therefore does not apply under the game code safety zone. Carrying a loaded gun or nocked arrow is the definition of hunting according to game code which is why you are seeing that wording. If hunting were defined as carrying a bow or gun how would you ever get to or from some of the hunting locations when you parked on the road in a safety zone near someone's house. If you unload/unnock you can walk through the safety zone and are not technically hunting. You are taking something out of context here. The game code safety zones pertain to hunting only.

Member #
    This is true I quoted from the digest. So show me the state law that's says I'm wrong.
    You are completely missing the point. Hunting Regulations and Target Shooting, or Discharge LAWS, are two completely different animals. One has nothing to do with the other.

Contact your local Police Department. They can tell you what Discharge Laws apply to your town.

Member #
    You can shoot your bow if the town does not have an ordnance. Ask the town clerk they have all the laws not the police they don't know all the laws. You are responsible for anything you do. You can carry a loaded firearm in your home or on your property state law.

Member #
    You are completely missing the point. Hunting Regulations and Target Shooting, or Discharge LAWS, are two completely different animals. One has nothing to do with the other.
    I understand what your saying and my point is I'm going to go by F&G law because it is what is written. I would Imagine state law or township ordinances ( which aren't always legal) would be more restrictive.
    I want someone to show me the state firearm law stating you far from an occupied dwelling , building or playground one has to be with a loaded firearm or knocked arrow??????? Or how far one has to be to legally shoot

Show me the law.

Member #
    I'm going to go by F&G law because it is what is written.
    Yes but only for hunting purposes.

Member #
    Show me the law
    There is no state law restricting how far you must be from a building to target shoot, so nobody can show you one. There are local discharge restrictions in many towns (some of which include archery gear), and the game code safety zone that applies to hunting only but otherwise there is no restriction and that is why you can do it in towns where there is not discharge restrictions. One other thing to mention is although there is not a restriction on how far you need to be from a building, there are laws about creating an unsafe condition or endangering people or property so you must take all safety precautions to do it.

Member #
    What you want is impossible to show you AS ;
    Laws don't exists to tell you what you CAN DO
    They only exists to tell you what you CAN'T DO and the fact is there is no state mandated law that exists one way or the other pertaining to shooting and target practice

No one can post a state law about how far one must be pertaining to someone actual target shooting with a loaded firearm or knocked arrow from an occupied structure, building, dwelling, or playground BECAUSE there is NO ACTUAL STATE LAW OR STATUE prohibiting or pertaining to it
    Laws don't exist to tell you what you can do only what you can't do, show me the STATE LAW that states you can't target shoot on your property or that one must be a set distance or perimeter from an occupied dwelling , building or playground You can because it's not illegal as there is no law against it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

YUP... }}}--I most certainly do chase BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Jersey Bow Buck to date; 2011... 142 6/8”
    Best Jersey Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
    Best Jersey Northern Pike to date;
    40" (Passaic River Pike )
    Best Jersey Muskie to date; Still looking for him... LOL

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors