New Jersey Hunters banner

bedding areas

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  chris n 
#1 ·
morning everyone 1 ? what are the chances of deer ruturning to the same bedding area every night or day yesterday while out and about yesterday I found a bedding area and was wondering should i go sit it over the weekend or just move on??? thanks your neighborly trashman

#4 ·
Depends if its high pressured land or not. Most the land I hunt is highly pressured and the deer seem to bed different areas all the time. I very rarly find deer in the same location.
If youve seen them there multiple times I would say your chances are good, if it was the first time seeing them there it may not be a frequently used bedding area. Good luck.

#5 ·
Depends if its high pressured land or not. Most the land I hunt is highly pressured and the deer seem to bed different areas all the time. I very rarly find deer in the same location. 
agree.ive noticed that myself i dont think theres one particular bedding area. i think they bed were the wind is blowing in there face and were the can see a good ways.

#6 ·
In the cold weather they tend to stay close to the food source as they may feed anytime of the day. so the bedding area may be more stable than in the other times of the year unless of course as mentioned pressure or you bump them. MTH has a really cool way to hunt them.

#15 ·
It really depends on where you're located. Deer, especially mature bucks, will bed in different locations based on wind direction, thermals, weather, etc, etc.

Try hunting it. You never know. Worst case, you'll learn when he isn't using that bed.

#16 ·
depends...

I have found a few bedding areas where id say deer use them more then 50% of the time. These are thick, safe areas with easy escape routes and good terrain to use in their advantage.

Where as today when I took a walk...you find random beds. I kicked up a few deer up that seemed to be bedded at random...open areas. no thick cover. just taking a break perhaps.

If you have good track moving through the area id say give it a sit or two..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.