New Jersey Hunters banner

Snow On The Ground For The Opener?

2K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  max 
#1 ·
I heard snow for tommorow up North here[up] Looks like there may be snow on the ground for opening day[up]

#2 ·
no way it be gone by sunday,but would be nice

#9 ·
Two inches or more up in the northern sections of NJ[up]

#14 ·
ssued by The National Weather Service
Philadelphia, PA
9:31 am EST, Sat., Dec. 5, 2009

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT.

THE RAIN THAT DEVELOPED ACROSS THE REGION THIS MORNING WILL CHANGE TO SNOW FROM NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST THIS AFTERNOON. THE SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE INTO THIS EVENING AND THEN END AROUND MIDNIGHT. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO ACCUMULATE 2 TO 4 INCHES FROM THE PHILADELPHIA METROPOLITAN AREA NORTHWARD. HOWEVER OVER AREAS CLOSER TO THE COAST SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF ONLY AN INCH OR TWO ARE ANTICIPATED.

BEING THAT THE GROUND REMAINS FAIRLY WARM... MOST OF THE SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL BE ON UNPAVED SURFACES. HOWEVER, THE SNOW WILL PROBABLY BE HEAVY ENOUGH TO ALSO ACCUMULATE ON ROADWAYS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY THIS EVENING.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Hope it holds for monday.

#17 ·
I have to admit, when its snowing on opening day it gives me the feeling like I'm hunting New York State in the early 1900s with nobody around for miles and its just you and your gun, tracking and stalking, just hoping you see that big white and yellow rack bouncing through the snow covered brush. I really hope it is snowing, it makes hunting such an adventure in my mind

#18 ·
I'd like to see snow on the ground for Monday but I don't want it snowing. [down]

A nice 2" or so to make seeing them and tracking them that much easier. [up] Although I hope I don't have to do any tracking. Just drop them where they are. [ko]

#23 ·
I posted this on another thread, It's 3:40 pm on Sat. here in Mount Olive (up on the hill) and we have 4"+ and falling steadily. I would expect somewhere in the 6"+ range here and in Sparta where I'll be on Monday. With highs in the low 40s tomorrow (and the snow cover will keep those temps in the upper 30s would be my guess) we should still have white on the ground up north on Monday. Let's hope so anyway[up]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.