cameras cameras cameras
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    I am looking for used professional camera that I will be using to film my brother and his pro-staff on hunts.

Lets see what you got

Member #
    go on ebay. look up a canon gl2. i dont no what you want to spend but if your filming a "pro staff" gl2 is way to go. $800-$1200

Member #
    I have a Gl2 and I am really impressed with the quality of the camera for the money.
    No matter what happens, whether you succeed or not, if you stand up and do it right and pay attention, hunting will always give you what you need. It may not be what you were looking for, but it will absolutely be important enough to justify whatever you did to get it.”
    Edison Marshall

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I filmed with a GL2 and a Sony HDR-FX7 . The Sony is a little more money but hands down a better camera. Better picture (HD 1080i) way faster start up time and no noise when you start it.

Just my 2 cents worth about 1

Member #
    Last edited by yoda; 07-03-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Member #
    How does some one become prostaff?And how do you have prostaff?Or do pro staffers just have really good land and stupid deer to hunt?Or do the prostaffers hunt WMA'S in NJ and how do they deal with the atv's?
    I can't vouch for every prostaff but to be a part of our staff you have to earn your keep. No one becomes part of our prostaff in the first year. You have to spend thousands of hours in the woods each season scouting, hanging stands and each stand site has 2 stands at it one for the camera man and one for the shooter, gathering footage thoughout the deer season only to hope it all comes together. Hunting is the smallest element of being part of a professional staff. Being part of a professional staff is wearing hunting on your sleeve each day and being an ambassador for the sport. Once the season is over it's time to hit the grind stone and work shows to help sell dvds for the company you are on professional staff for. Is it hard work? Yes but it can be rewarding. Most teams these days won't even consider you unless you have some sort of video experience or a prosumer camera. If you have a camera great if you join a team you will most likely be joining as a tier 2 or tier 3 team member. Being on professional staff means many things. I don't consider it work but it's not easy. The deer we hunt in many cases are the same deer you do. I do hunts on private and public lands in NJ. We hunt in a manner though which twice as much scent is exposed the the animal, twice as much movement, and there are many other obstacles. It's something I enjoy. It's something I'm greatful for. It's something I want to be a part of forever. My intention was not to polute this thread. I apologize if I have done so. Yoda if you want more info please pm or email me.
    No matter what happens, whether you succeed or not, if you stand up and do it right and pay attention, hunting will always give you what you need. It may not be what you were looking for, but it will absolutely be important enough to justify whatever you did to get it.”
    Edison Marshall

Member #
    the best advice i could give you is keep your video real, no fake stuff and everyone will love them.
    Video the hunt. keep it real.

www.jerseywhitetails.com

Member #
    You have to spend thousands of hours in the woods each season scouting, hanging stands and each stand site has 2 stands at it one for the camera man and one for the shooter, gathering footage thoughout the deer season only to hope it all comes together.
    Thousands of hours? That's a minimum of 82 days, 24 hours a day. You prostaffers are sure dedicated....

Member #
    Bloodtrails actually 2000 hours would be less than 40 hours a week. spread over a hunting team of 5 guys that's 8 hours weekly each of hunting, and scouting. when I said season I meant year because the deer season never stops. WHen hunting season ends it becomes getting ready for next season.
    Edison Marshall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors