Man arrested for arsenal?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    This was on courier news website.

CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A Windy Hill Road man is free on $25,000 bail after he was arrested Aug. 22 on weapons charges when police responded to reports of gunshots in the neighborhood.

After receiving calls of 20 to 30 shots being fired, Patrolman David Formalarie arrived in the cul-de-sac at about 6:20 p.m., heard gunshots and discovered homeowner Jimmy Guadagno, 44, holding a red cup with an alcoholic beverage and a strong odor of alcohol on his breath, police said.

Guadagno initially denied firing a gun, but officers observed a .22 caliber rifle and many spent rounds on the ground nearby, according to police.

On further investigation, Formalarie discovered Guadagno to be in possession of an AR-15 rifle, a .357 magnum pistol with a speed loader, two shotguns with pistol grips, a gravity knife, handcuffs, brass knuckles, a large amount of ammunition and a large sword, the police report said.

When Guadagno could not produce a firearms identification card, officers arrested him on charges of unlawful weapons possession, possession of handcuffs and disorderly conduct, police said.

Guadagno was taken to the Hunterdon County Jail and was released after posting $25,000 bail.

Township Patrolman Matthew Murphy, Detective Paul Bate and officers from the Town of Clinton assisted.

--------Besides the handcuffs, the brass knuckles, and whatever a gravity knife is, why did this guy get arrested? I thought you were allowed to target shoot on your property.

And what is the fine line with the FID in this case? I can understand needing it for the handgun, but for the shotguns and .22 ?

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...NTPAGECAROUSEL

Member #
    And what is the fine line with the FID in this case? I can understand needing it for the handgun, but for the shotguns and .22 ?
    First, a NJ FPID is only for long guns. It does not apply in any way to handguns.

If the firearms were obtained legally there is no need for a NJ FPID in this case. I'm sure they would have arrested him even if he had one.

Member #
    When Guadagno could not produce a firearms identification card

Again the debate can start. I though FID is only needed for purchase of firearms, not to legally possess them legally. What if he moved here from a free state like VA or PA and legally purchesed them in his previous state of residence. Also it didnt say how much land the guy had. He could have owned 50 acres and been target shooting in his yard. It didnt say he actally saw the guy firing either.
    "Here's to swimming with bow legged women"

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I though FID is only needed for purchase of firearms, not to legally possess
    thats what i thought?

Member #
    "On further investigation, Formalarie discovered Guadagno to be in possession of an AR-15 rifle, a .357 magnum pistol with a speed loader, two shotguns with pistol grips, a gravity knife, handcuffs, brass knuckles, a large amount of ammunition and a large sword, the police report said."

Again.....was his home entered illegaly? why were they searching in his home? The home is more protected than anywhere else, as the PD should know. I hope that there is more than a disorderly persons charge giving rise to PC for an arrest and subsequent search of his private property without warrant.
    Could be some creative writing to make this crap sandwich go better come trial time.

Member #
    Again.....was his home entered illegaly? why were they searching in his home? The home is more protected than anywhere else, as the PD should know. I hope that there is more than a disorderly persons charge giving rise to PC for an arrest and subsequent search of his private property without warrant.
    Could be some creative writing to make this crap sandwich go better come trial time.

Classic case of keep looking through the book till we find a charge that fits [sort of]. This guy is still going to go through the wringer w lawyer fees. If he is aquiitted, the town should have to reimburse him.

Member #
    "When Guadagno could not produce a firearms identification card, officers arrested him on charges of unlawful weapons possession, possession of handcuffs and disorderly conduct, police said."

no FID is needed for any of those guns. and the unlawful weapons possession could mean the discharge of the guns. handcuffs could be illegal but not if they are in his home(I'm sure they weren't in his back pocket), and well, the disorderly conduct was just him yelling at them to get out of his home. If this was a man of means, it could be a civil suit if the arrest was unlawful. 4th amendment is very sacred.

Member #
    Guadagno initially denied firing a gun, but officers observed a .22 caliber rifle and many spent rounds on the ground nearby, according to police.

Does the denial,spent shells and the alcohol have anything to do with the search?

Member #
    and do they make AR-15 in .22? The report says he was observed a 22, but the paragraph stating what he was in possession of says nothing about a 22.

Member #

How about if he had an 18 year old son target shooting under his supervision that decided to have a beer afterwards??? If no one saw him actually shooting the gun, then it's his statement against the cop's assumption. This guy was on private property and wasnt holding a smoking gun whern cops pulled up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors