New rub and scrape. (pix)
    Member #
    Well I made a mock scrape a few weeks ago and used one of those drip bags that I would fill with doe pee. I started using the curiosity scent and it was getting hit daily. This week I put tinks in it. I was hunting this spot last night so I know this happened sometime after I left the woods. Looks like something hit this tree reall hard, hard enough to knock it down, brake the entire tree and the branches the bag was hanging on, then rubbed the hell out of the tree. Hard to tell in the pics but this little tree is really dug up good. Sorry for pic quality, these were taken with my phone.

Here is the scrape and you can see the tree is knocked down and you can see some of the tree that is ripped up.

Here you can see the tree that was knocked down and my bag hanging on the broken limbs.

And here you can see the bag on the busted up limbs.

I'm not sure what did this, and I know it's a small tree but Im hoping it is something decent. Im heading out shortly to see if I can get a look at him
    Economic disaster begins with a philosophy of doing less and wanting more. All values must be won by contest, and after they have been won, they must be defended.

Member #
    Hopefully it's a good one. You deserve it! Keep us posted.
    No matter what happens, whether you succeed or not, if you stand up and do it right and pay attention, hunting will always give you what you need. It may not be what you were looking for, but it will absolutely be important enough to justify whatever you did to get it.”
    Edison Marshall

Member #
    Pretty cool.

When the big boys start hitting scrapes again, that means they are in search and fired up to find the next group of doe to come into estrous. You NEED to be in that area.

Good luck to you buddy and I cannot wait to see some photos
    I'm the smile on the face of every criminal you'll ever acquit. I'm the things you've done that you'll never admit....

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks guys, just got out of the shower and Im leaving now! It's been a very strange week. I have had some decent bucks and some scrubs this week. One night I had a nice 8 pt. come in but never offered any shots. Every night this week, as soon as I came in the house I could see my camera flas going off down in the forest. Last night a buck and a doe came in but it was to dark to shoot so I waited for an hour to get out of the woods. When I pulled my card I saw it was the 8 pt. I am after. Then I had a 7 minutes after I got down. They are coming in like 10 minutes to late every night. Im hoping with the cold maybe they will get moving a bit earlier tonight.

Well, Good Luck all, Im heading out now!
    Economic disaster begins with a philosophy of doing less and wanting more. All values must be won by contest, and after they have been won, they must be defended.

Member #
    They are coming in like 10 minutes to late every night. Im hoping with the cold maybe they will get moving a bit earlier tonight.

Move your stand in 10 mins deeper??

Member #
    Move your stand in 10 mins deeper??
    Yup did that tonight, Grunted in a decent 6 to about 30 yards in thick stuff. He was about 10 steps from egtting arrowed and 2 does went running past him and he bolted off behind them at like 60mph! I passed on this 6 a few times but if he came closer he was going to get it. This was a rough week! Next week will be very limited hunting for me so I would have taken him tonight. Well hopefully some of them will show themselves for muzzy

Sponsors