Stolen trail cams and tree stands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stolen trail cams and tree stands

Member #

Stolen trail cams and tree stands

Do people make money on stolen trail cams and tree stands?

Alot of cams need logins and tree stands are relatively inexpensive. Is the black market so lucrative for these guys to keep stealing this shit?

Or is it just a dick move?

Are there really enough people in the NJ hunting community buying stolen equipment?

Member #
    must be a market cause they got me several times.

Member #
    Who is buying this stolen crap?

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    There are barely enough of us out there in the woods in NJ per the stats. Yet enough for these scumbags to be making money?

Hunters, don't encourage these guys. Do the right thing. Encourage our youth. Foster the hunting ethic. If you dont, we will all lose for sure.

Member #
    you need to think outside the box set up a stand that you have no use for chain it in with a lock but set up a trap I did it years ago put 2x6 under the ground and around the base of the stand with 5 boxes of 10 penny nails needless to say a week or so later found the lock broken and the stand was half way day before we found bloody socks and sneakers and a bloody shirt and we got him after that walking with a major limp during first week of bow season never happened again
    jm1827 and bertha like this.

Member #
    Guys have been stealing stands , cameras, and equipment forever. its sucks but there's always bad apples in every bushel.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by safe hunter View Post
    you need to think outside the box set up a stand that you have no use for chain it in with a lock but set up a trap I did it years ago put 2x6 under the ground and around the base of the stand with 5 boxes of 10 penny nails needless to say a week or so later found the lock broken and the stand was half way day before we found bloody socks and sneakers and a bloody shirt and we got him after that walking with a major limp during first week of bow season never happened again
    but if the person got real sick or died youd be in deep doodoo. id buy one of those snmall trackers and then youd know where your stuff went. let the law handle it.

Member #
    That could have ended really badly for you. You could have been charged and sued. I know it is easier to pump out your chest and say you don't give a F. But is it really worth the 50 bucks the guy steals to be sitting in a jail cell and then a courtroom? And I definitely would not be on a public forum telling everyone about it.

Member #
    The anti hunters jus steal your stuff and throw it away I'm sure.

Member #
    very nice
    Last edited by bertha; 05-12-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors