New Executive Order in Its way
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Executive Order in Its way

Member #

New Executive Order in Its way

Governor intending to halt all ‘non essential’ construction activities starting Friday at 8PM.

Member #
    WTF... yet the moron is letting prisoners out of jail....... ? ? ?
    bfish25 and alecsZ7 like this.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    agree with rpk0620. wtf !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Typical democrat moron, close down parks, construction sites but let mass transit keep running. You zip up a hoard of people and ride around a few blocks in a tin box, someone is going to come out infected every time...…..

Member #
    Boy you are so right, he lets them ride around together, yet close the parks where peopl can stay 10 feet apart, he is a real wack-o and for almost two weeks now he gets on tv everyday at one and says nothing at all, worst thing Jersey ever did was pick that guy to run our state, and now he is already talking about bumping up the gas prices to make some of the money back for the state, yet he gives $ 50 million to collages, for kids, and most illeagle`s.

Member #
    I disagree with a lot of what he's doing but I really hate how he is doing it. The system wasn't set up to allow one person to make laws. It is a dangerous situation for democracy and I'm afraid the genie won't ever go back into the bottle.

Executive orders are supposed to be used to direct those departments under the governor's authority on how they are to implement the law. They aren't supposed to be used to make new laws.

If all of this stuff really is necessary and an emergency, the assembly can pass the law in the morning, the senate can pass it in the afternoon, and the governor can sign it that evening Even in dire situations, we need checks and balances because without them, there is no limit on what might be passed by royal decree. Where is the limit to the governor's power if he is able to write anything into law? Shut down parks? Confine people to their homes? Release convicted criminals? Confiscate personal property? Close private businesses? What's next when power is unchecked?
    -Ryan

Member #
    maintenaceguy You are 100% right, he thinks he is God, what a mistake, I pray this is his only term.
    jm1827 likes this.

Member #
    Murphy is dangerous and is drunk with power. domestic violence is up 25 % . taking away are freedoms is going to start a set of new problems. thee worst governor I can remember.

Member #
    It's safe to say we are all displeased with how he is handling this situation, but I was very thankful for him paying for my college last semester and this semester, but then again I feel as if I deserve it and I will explain..

I'm a full time government employee, going to college to expand my career in other government work, so chances are, I will never know what it's like to collect unemployment but yet I'm still paying into it, I pay my state taxes and get hardly anything in return or end up paying back, so it's actually a relief that a hard working, married man with children, a house and other responsibilities, like myself, actually catches a break and gets a free ride for once.

Member #
    Actually, he didn't pay for your college..... we did ! ! ! And, we also pay your salary ! ! !
    When I was working full time I also went to college at night however I paid for it out of my own pocket and I was also paying taxes, unemployment etc like you say you are (all working people do). PS, and I was married at the time.
    So don't even start to tell me how wonderful he or his liberal democrat programs are or how anyone in government, local, state or federal employment puts in a full days work ....
    estimator likes this.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors