knee replacement - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: knee replacement

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 06roadking View Post
    I’ve had both knees, both hips, a shoulder and an elbow. Getting the other elbow done soon. Follow your Dr.’s instructions like religion. Rehab your ass off and don’t be afraid to push yourself. I’m an auto mechanic and I never missed more than a week of work. Only thing I’ve had problems with is the elbow due to Dr. screw up. Knees and hips were the best thing I ever did. I’m still climbing trees and dragging deer. As long as the Dr. does his job, the most important thing for you to do is have the right attitude.
    You are my idol. I had both knees, both shoulder and some back issues but no hips, thank god. Like 06roadking said, listen to your doctor and keep pushing.

Good Luc
    06roadking likes this.

Member #
    Hi Guy, the trick is finding the right doctor, do some checking, I had mine done four years ago and still as nuch pain as I had before, I hace since found five others that used the same doctor and they all have lots of pain still, but I know a few others that had

Member #
    who was your doctor

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by safe hunter View Post
    only thing that makes me nervous is I"m a big guy 300lbs but loosing the weight
    You got this brother. Try to drop some weight first, less wear on the knees and joints.

Keep us posted.
    Best of luck

Member #
    Doctor Silver, Vineland NJ

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzecollector View Post
    I had both done at the same time four years ago. Best thing I ever did. No more pain and still climbing trees and hanging stands.
    +1

Member #
    One of my assistant managers is 300+ also. He also has underlying other medical issues that makes him high risk for surgeries but he had both knees done and is doing well. No knee pain. But he never lost any weight and he ended up needing surgery on his feet and toes because of carrying that extra weight. Doc thinks he may have been over compensating for his knees causing the damage to his feet/toes. I also have several customers who have had knees done and are doing well. One is still rehabbing but is up there in age and not recovering as quick as others have. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

FWP
    Member #
    I had one done two years ago. I had no trouble and very little pain except during physical therapy. Thy only time I took pain killer was right before the PT and that was recommended by the therapist.

Take the physical therapy seriously. It is the most important aspect of the procedure.

After its done you'll be asking yourself why you waited so long.

Good luck!

Member #
    Had both done 2nd one done 2 yrs ago was walking 1 mile after 30 days. research doctors and do therapy. Had geat results

Member #
    well guys thanks for all your input went to new orthopedic today and got some good news right knee little arthritis might need a partial knee in a year or two injections for now left knee that I just had done in august of 2019 knee joint gap is great no arthritis but first doctor might have missed a second meniscus tear. and have to see a vascular doctor having swelling in lower legs but nothing serious so thanks for all your support

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors