Auto loading Magazine question ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Auto loading Magazine question ?

Member #

Auto loading Magazine question ?

I recently spent a ton of money replacing all my 25 round mags with 10 rounders due to new laws and now have a question? In all the years I;ve shot at several outdoor ranges in NJ I have NEVER been approached by an authority figure to check out what I'm shooting as well as how many rounds my magazine holds. Additionally, I've not read or heard of anyone else getting "busted" for shooting mags with over 10 round capacity since the new law went into effect.

Question? Has anyone else been "checked out" at the range since the new laws went into effect? And exactly who is the "policing authority" that enforces these laws? Again, I've never seen anyone at the 2 ranges I am a member of

Member #
    I have my semi's basically for home protection, particularly since we are somewhat isolated and did have an attempted break in. A few days ago I was invited to NJRPC by a friend to shoot at their indoor range, which is really great. Anyway he asked if I had my 15 round mags changed to 10. I told him that I didn't and had never really thought about it since this was the 1st time I was taking them out since the law was enacted. He strongly suggested that I get them fixed or buy new ones because if pulled over while driving with them (not being checked at a range) I would be in a world of hurt if they were found and subsequently checked. Found this company https://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/ ordered the ones I needed and epoxied them securely in place and kept the receipts to carry with them if I do take them out again.

All you would need is just one time, getting caught with them in this ridiculously stupid state and aside from possible incarceration and monetary fines you might lose all your guns if you get the wrong judge and jury.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    Thanks, I went online to see if I could find anyone who could retrofit my 15 and 25 round mags to 10 rounds and couldn't find anyone

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jim oneill View Post
    Thanks, I went online to see if I could find anyone who could retrofit my 15 and 25 round mags to 10 rounds and couldn't find anyone
    go online and order the magazine blocks it will cost you like five bucks nothing to it

Member #
    Do you really want to take that chance of running into a gungho cop who'll bust you illegal magazines. Do you really need 15 or 25 round mags?
    RPK0620 likes this.
    " Trout don't rise in the cemetery, so fish while you're able."
    A word to the wise......is not necessary, save it for the stupid ones!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tuny View Post
    Do you really need 15 or 25 round mags?
    Sure, I do. I like them. I can shoot more targets without reloading. Also, more firepower to protect your home and country. Why wouldn't you want large capacity magazines?
    diverrk and mikec like this.

Member #
    Howell gun works and Monmouth arms do the modification.
    Magazine blocks are still a no no. Not permanent
    LET EM GO SO THEY CAN GROW!!

Member #
    Epoxy the daylights out of them when you install the block so they don't come apart is what I was told..... but, maybe I was given bad advise ?
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    Yup! Just ordered thanks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BOONER View Post
    Magazine blocks are still a no no. Not permanent
    Not criticizing just questioning.

If they pin the magazine isn't that pin removable maybe by drilling it out and so it might not be considered permanent ? And if the magazine block is epoxied to the magazine spring then the epoxy would have to be removed and the block removed to go back to 15 so isn't that the same as maybe pinning ? ?

I'm gonna chance it and show good faith marking my receipts for the MagBlocks(and keeping them with the guns in the case) that I epoxied them and the magazines now only hold 9 rounds and with 1 in the chamber I have a 10 round limit in my guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors