Auto loading Magazine question ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Auto loading Magazine question ?

Member #
    The ANJRPC published the guidelines for compliance in 2018: https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.anjrpc.org...s_mag_ban-.pdf
    If only Jack O'Connor had written about the .270's effectiveness on Zombies, he might be known today as a decent gun scribe, and that cartridge might enjoy more widespread use...

Member #
    Below is from the law and epoxy is an option !

3. PERMANENTLY MODIFY TO 10 ROUNDS MAX CAPACITY. By December 10, 2018, permanently modify the non-compliant magazines so that they can accept no more than the legal maximum of ten (10) rounds. The modifications must be “permanent,” meaning they cannot be undone and the magazine is permanently limited to a maximum of ten (10) rounds (e.g., riveted, welded, epoxied, etc., and not restorable). If the magazines can be restored to a capacity above ten (10) rounds, then the magazines will NOT qualify as having been permanently modified, the exemption will not apply, and the owner will be subject to prosecution under the new law. An ammunition magazine which has been only temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 10 rounds, as by a piece of wood or a pin or screw, is still unlawful.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

Member #
    Setters4Life,
    Thank you for that link. I printed a copy and along with the receipts for the magazine blocks will keep a copy in my case that I carry my pistols in in case I am stopped.
    I also keep a copy of this link [ https://www.njsp.org/firearms/transport-firearm.shtml ] in my vehicle in case I am stopped also.
    Not every law enforcement officer knows every law 100% so if you can show them the law and show you are complying with it then you should be good to continue on your way.

I also was advised and carry a copy of my receipt from where I bought the handgun and Permit to Purchase a Handgun form with me for each gun I am transporting.
    Last edited by RPK0620; 02-19-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    Setters4Life likes this.
    "At home a friend will ask, “Been bird hunting?” You will say that you have, and when he asks,” Have any luck?” You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand, and then answer that you certainly did—without a doubt." - Gene Hill

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    who says those guidlines are legal in NewJersey. rivets dont seam permanent as you can drill them out. also i havent seen an epoxy that a little heat wouldnt make it crack and crumble.

Member #
    Tread Lightly here....PERMANENT is the question and COURTS have recently shown that nothing you do can be considered permanent....TALK TO A GUN RIGHTS LAWYER or attend a LAW SHIELD seminar.....your LEGAL RIGHTS or lack there of are whats on the line here....EACH AND EVERY MAGAZINE THAT "CAN" hold more than 10 rounds is a FELONY....3 YEARS PRISON TIME!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors