Cabelas?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cabelas?

Member #

Cabelas?

Planning on heading out to Cabelas to use some gift cards, I typically go to the one in Delaware, but heard the one in PA is much larger. Is it worth the extra 1/2 hour each way to make the trip to PA? Looking to get a shotgun for the wife to use.

Member #
    Not really , they are the same distance for me and i go to Delaware.

Member #
    Don't waste your time or gas... not worth it at all.
    I used to go to the one in Hamburg before I went to Delaware, plus you'll be paying PA sales tax.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thank you both, forgot about the PA sales tax! DE it will be!

Member #
    i would find the model you want online then buy the gun using your gift cards online using the site Activejunky. you can get like 10% cash back when you sign up for most items. guns are less though.. if you need more gift cards go to the site RAISE then pick up a few online gift cards for like 12-14% off. Cabelas in Hamburg not worth it with the tax. the other thing is that it mat take a while to get through the whole process. seams like all the Cabelas hire whoevers that can just wear the uniform. meaning dont expect anyone passionate about our sport. its been my experience that the employees do the pack hudle ups joined in a circle talking about what they did over the weekend or not knowen nothing like the german prison guard Shultzee. last time i was at Delaware i kid you not i was the only one at the merchandise pick up and it took forever to get someone to show up so i walkjede around the store and came back only to find 2 employees ringing out there clearance items they found in the store. hurray for me and hgeld up the line. if i wass an employee buying something hid in the back id at least let the guy who drove 1 1/5 hours go first.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Treestandman; 12-18-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Member #

Member #
    If it’s near you don’t forget you can use all things Cabelas at Bass Pro in A/C. But that sales tax thing is still there. You have to weigh out gas and tolls vs sales tax.
    Member: NRA, GOA, CNJFO, ANJRPC, 2AF, NJ2AS

Member #
    Tid bit of information. And this will make you even more disgusted about living in Jersey. A few years back, a guy I work with went to the cabelas in deleware, spent several thousands of dollars and put it on his debit card. Paid no sales tax and he was happy. A few years later, IRS found out about it and penalized in Jersey.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alecsZ7 View Post
    Tid bit of information. And this will make you even more disgusted about living in Jersey. A few years back, a guy I work with went to the cabelas in deleware, spent several thousands of dollars and put it on his debit card. Paid no sales tax and he was happy. A few years later, IRS found out about it and penalized in Jersey.
    That's why I'm moving to Delaware in a couple years, can't stand the state anymore. Question is how far behind other states are to do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Heard Cabelas in PA did away with the bargain cave. What a shame found some great deals in there over the years clothes boots ammo fishing and shooting stuff. Looked forward to spending an hour in there every time i went.
    CCW UT, FL, AZ, NH

Member:
    NRA
    NJ2AS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors