Cabelas? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cabelas?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones1 View Post
    I recently bought a savage 220 combo from Delaware Cabela’s can’t beat no sales tax and no charge for background check.
    I called several other local small shops around me and they wanted $125 more then Cabela’s plus sales tax and NICS.
    The only place that had good prices was https://kulakarms.com/ But he was sold out of the gun I wanted.
    If you haven’t been to Hamburg Cabela’s it’s worth the trip once.
    I drive by cabelas on 78 about three times a month, wouldn't bother to stop.

Member #
    Since bass pro took over it’s gone down hill but not many choices around me, Delaware Cabelas is only 40 min from me and much more of a selection then some of the over priced antique shops around me.

Member #
    Went to Cabela's in PA last Monday after weekend in Bethlehem to visit the "official Christmas City" (nice place for a day or 2 but stay away from the Christmas Market-nothing like Europe). First off Rt.78 is under a Major overhaul west of Allentown for eight miles . It's a nerve racking waste of time with big trucks doing 80 downhill and 40 up ! Avoid at all costs! Second -there were more workers than customers in the store! .. This was on Dec,16! Even Santa was asking my wife to have a free picture taken.(She declined even thou he was a great looking Santa) . I was shocked to see the change in this store since the sale to Bass Pro . Had to ask three sales associates where the shooting vests were. Got wrong answers twice .The third basically said that the others "don't know " the store. It seems that the store looks "old" since I was there 2 years ago. The stuffed animals have taken on a grayish color , possibly from the lighting and the Holiday displays looked as if Dick's stores put them together( Not to knock Dick's as their prices and promotions are great. Finally, Cabela's prices are not great AND the restaurant's menu looks like the one from WAWA's ( remember when you could get an Elk or venison sandwich there?). So ,I opt for the Delaware store . I had a $50 gift certificate and was so disappointed that I did NOT use it. Guess I'll try on line.
    Last edited by cascadejoe13; 12-20-2019 at 11:23 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    the trucks on 78 are darn right dangerous. its ;like they own the road. they play games to keep them awake i was told. if your the only vehicle for a ways they will play catch up and slow down to you for miles. ive seen it many times. for a person who likes to just set the speed control they will make you feel un easy. i wish they had to stay in the right lane. ride your ass and back n forth lane changes. just no need for it. guess they give those jobs to people who cant work with others or think its fun to drive a biggo rig em up / but think they are in the daytonna 78 hundred...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    the trucks on 78 are darn right dangerous. its ;like they own the road. they play games to keep them awake i was told. if your the only vehicle for a ways they will play catch up and slow down to you for miles. ive seen it many times. for a person who likes to just set the speed control they will make you feel un easy. i wish they had to stay in the right lane. ride your ass and back n forth lane changes. just no need for it. guess they give those jobs to people who cant work with others or think its fun to drive a biggo rig em up / but think they are in the daytonna 78 hundred...
    That construction has been all year long. Its a joke when you see the 50mph sign before entering the work zones (more like 75mph) then getting sandwiched between a couple of trucks with multi-trailers at 4 in the morning. Fun stuff

Member #
    i dont know much about the trucking world but i gotta believe they cant make that much more by driving like aasshat goggles pivzanno. safetty first! i highly doubt getting somewhere an 1/2 minutes quicker aint gonna make thatn much a bigger pay check. they need to slow the helk down and be nice to others on the road.guess its hard sukin down with all those zimm zammee hearaTTack energy drinks smokin those marlsboro reds and yappin on the old 40 channel about smoky bears and stuff. must be great but please drive normal once in a while. geezze

Member #
    Ttt

Member #
    What kind of crackhead would recommend Deleware over Pa???? Deleware store isnt even half the size of Pa. and keeps minimal stock and NEVER has what I went there for. I live about 45 minutes from it and would much rather take the trip to Hamburg.
    RPK0620 and bfish25 like this.

Member #
    because after you visint a bigger Cabelas the first time the shine wears off and then it becomes about buying stuff. you canhave anything onlione shipped to a store in a few days. going to Delaware to actually buy is a no brainer when most who live in N.J. can be there in the same amount of time if not qukker. no tax and free gun checks is a big savings. the Christianna mall is a dream for other shopping. Hamberg only has a few things like a doller store and wallymartt.

Member #

Interesting story about the Cabelas Basspro merger!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors