PA Gun shows
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By trebor
  • 1 Post By ElkSlayer

Thread: PA Gun shows

Member #

PA Gun shows

Anyone know with all the new laws this year if one can still go to a PA gun show and buy a Shotgun with just a FID?

Can one purchase privately in PA a shotgun and just have a FID? I'm assuming a private sale must go through a Jersey FFL?

Also, from what I see now, all private New Jersey transactions/sales must go through a FFL now?

Thanks guys!

Member #
    Nobody knows?

Member #
    i would call up a pennsy dealer. they could tell you. maybe try dunckleburgers or grices gunshop. better to get the info direct rasther than a keyboar commando. worse case you go to a show and see some eye candy have a pretzel and a soft drink and drive couple hours out of your way. better than workin. also when i went to those shows it was mostly AR add ons and junk. i didnt see many gun bargains in general. if you want a magazine or piccoteeny rail add on watch combo green laser flashlite and back scrathcers they had stuffin like thant and what not.
    Last edited by Treestandman; Yesterday at 12:08 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    i would call up a pennsy dealer. they could tell you. maybe try dunckleburgers or grices gunshop. better to get the info direct rasther than a keyboar commando. worse case you go to a show and see some eye candy have a pretzel and a soft drink and drive couple hours out of your way. better than workin. also when i went to those shows it was mostly AR add ons and junk. i didnt see many gun bargains in general. if you want a magazine or piccoteeny rail add on watch combo green laser flashlite and back scrathcers they had stuffin like thant and what not.
    +1

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    Agreed. Pick up add ons, parts, junk, Mags and a pretzel is basically why we go. Not really any great deals on guns there. But I'll tell you the last time we went to Split Rock, just a few weeks ago. there was two vendors with signs that they would not sell to NJ people. I'm looking forward to Oaks to see if this becomes a pattern. But for now it's a day out.
    Treestandman and JohnnyMax like this.

Member #
    I do most of my transfers in Easton, PA as a Jersey resident (Warren County) because the charge is $25. If you have the NJFID card, the FFL dealer will run you thru PICS and you will either he will either be authorized to proceed with the purchase or declined. With a valid NJ FID card you should be good to go!
    Treestandman likes this.

Member #
    That would be good to know. Yes you are all right about deals and such, but every now and then you can find something worth buying and I just wanted to know upfront if I should be cash! LOL
    The Phoenixville/Oaks show is awesome! Bought a nice shotgun there last year. Please keep us posted if you do see this pattern on Jersey folks being turned away trebor....many thanks!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    I do most of my transfers in Easton, PA as a Jersey resident (Warren County) because the charge is $25. If you have the NJFID card, the FFL dealer will run you thru PICS and you will either he will either be authorized to proceed with the purchase or declined. With a valid NJ FID card you should be good to go!
    And you have done it this way since our wonderful Governor changed the laws?

Member #
    Nope, been doing it for years since the NJ FFL's/State retailers started charging ridiculous transfer fees! Easton is only 8 miles from my house. $57 for a transfer ($40 transfer and $17 NICS fee is outrageous IMO)!

Sponsors