"thric"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: "thric"

Member #

"thric"

TRUST, HONESTY, RESPECT, INTEGRITY AND COMMITMENT!!! (THRIC)

This weekend I experience anything but any of the traits mentioned above. It's one of the reasons that I got into hunting. I was told so often that hunters observe a code of honor. I guess we all don't. This weekend I went to recover my camera photos to find that my camera was on the ground, strap slashed and memory card missing. I was really disappointed. I still kept my cool because I knew it could happen while hunting public land.

I've seen many cameras walking through the woods scouting, I tend to leave a thumbs up and good luck. I certainly don't take it because I know the hard work this person is also putting in.

To the person who stole my memory card and slashed my camera strap in Clinton WMA, thank you for showing your true colors. Your a POS! and should quit hunting because you don't carry any of the characteristics of a hunter, you're a low life scumbag.

To the rest of you who are reading this, good luck to you the rest of the season and may you have a great Thanksgiving!

Regards,
    alecsZ7 and mikejd like this.

Member #
    YUP ! NJ Antler crazy AssHoles !!!!!

Member #
    Try not to "generalize" the hunting community. For the most part, the people you share the woods and water with are good honest folks with mutual respect for others. But, as the saying goes "There's one in every crowd". Public land is walked by a lot of tree huggers and those who have a dislike for our way of life, that being said you need to think like a thief and protect your best interest. Hide your camera's in hollow tree stumps or mount them out of eye level, cable and lock everything that can be damaged or stolen( after all it is public property, you wouldn't leave your wallet on the counter at macdonald's and expect it to be there when you return?) Good luck with the rest of your season.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Dont feel bad, I just had 2 ladder stands stolen from me.

Member #
    its terrible but you need to stoop to there level think outside the box and set traps for these jerk offs trust me it works catch one and make an example out of them nothing physical but get your point across trust me I did it
    acebuckingham and mikejd like this.

Member #
    People in general SUCK! I use the adage that until you prove otherwise i trust nobody. Sad but realistic way to approach life today.

Member #
    Wow, that's crazy.

Member #
    I would lean more toward antis. Scumbag "hunters" steel stuff not destroy it.

Member #
    I had an old beat up 10-12 yr old ladder stand and SD card stolen a couple weeks ago. Yet a newer (couple years old) ladder stand is still perfectly attached to the tree where you can see it from the road. Mine you couldn't. But mine was close to private property. Last year I shot a nice 8pt as soon as it stepped off the private piece. Then heard some guy cursing. So I know who took my stuff. But the surprise is going to be on them.

Member #
    sorry for your issues as most have been there.i wish gps tracking became much cheaper. ialso think we need to put presswure on the camera makers to inlude shut down software that a thief cant use a stolen camera. or cards for that matter that need a code to view them. as far as ladder stands i say srew the sections together and strip the heads. another simple trick is to burry the lower legs or add on a lower anchor sections. i often thought about drillin and tapping a zerk fitting to allow a grease gun to fill the legs with grease so if somebody wanted to take it apart andn put it in there truck theyd get one big mess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors